Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

I escalated the matter again today to customer care, this time they are sending some " Senior Engineer" :D they have promised me that the matter will be escalated to the highest level n an eventual resolution which makes me happy ;) . I was like please send me one of the panels you send to reviewers n those will be free of any DSE or any other flaws n that will be the best resolution.

Anyways fun n games/ charades begin tomorrow ...

I escalated the matter again today to customer care, this time they are sending some " Senior Engineer" :D they have promised me that the matter will be escalated to the highest level n an eventual resolution which makes me happy ;) . I was like please send me one of the panels you send to reviewers n those will be free of any DSE or any other flaws n that will be the best resolution.

Anyways fun n games/ charades begin tomorrow ...
It depends on which city you stay in. Small cities they will trouble you more for sure, but stay with the point that you have paid premium pricing for this

So someone today from Samsung Customer Care called n she just wasted my time n tested my patience with same old Bull c**p , same set of local guys namely the zonal service manager opinion was taken , I was told again that there was no video evidence n I told them again this is not something that can be captured on the video n guys who have never ever seen a Rs150k plus TV n don't even know what a FALD is shouldn't be passing judgements on a QN90A anyways.

So tomorrow I have been promised somebody from actually higher up in Samsung would be calling me . If Samsung wisely relent n offer me a clean panel with minimal DSE then I am obviously happy but if not then I guess return n refund remains comes into play.

Lot lesser than Cricket as panning n sudden camera movement is not as abrupt or prolific as cricket .Tennis n Wimbledon no issues at all since Camera is always stationed from front/ straight on . Yet to watch Formula One/ racing.

If Samsung accedes to my request for a clean panel then performance of that panel will reveal if it was a case of panel lottery or all panels from this batch are like this only.

So tomorrow I have been promised somebody from actually higher up in Samsung would be calling me . If Samsung wisely relent n offer me a clean panel with minimal DSE then I am obviously happy but if not then I guess return n refund remains comes into play.
Surprised with the Samsung Service you are experiencing, i m sure Samsung India have sold tons of Qleds in the past few years & should have a proper service team to handle them, as they aren't cheap tvs.

Surprised with the Samsung Service you are experiencing, i m sure Samsung India have sold tons of Qleds in the past few years & should have a proper service team to handle them, as they aren't cheap tvs.
You should read this thread. That’s my twin brother and with great enthusiasm he joined the forum and wanted to get in to this hobby. As you can see last seen on sept 2020. He totally lost his interest in this hobby thanks to Samsung service. I have never ever experienced such a 3rd rated behaviour. They denied any service straight to his face with two problems. One is yellow colour bleeding in the bottom screen and second is Hdmi board issues. Funny thing is first they replaced the main board. It again had the same arc issues so later they agreed to change the board. When the board was changed for the second time guess Wat they installed the one which was removed. How we found out? Well after installing it had the same profile and settings. For arc issues they are blaming the Yamaha receiver which he brought it to my place and used it for 3 days. Not a single issue. The service engineer told sir this is what Samsung is they don’t care and my manager said just see if tv is turning on and playing picture. Rest we don’t care. He tagged issue in twitter, dropped email to ceo nothing. They just don’t give a dam. FYI he stays in the Center of the city and close to cm house so that u know how developed the area will be

So what did Mr Higher Up say? they swapping the Panel/Tv?

Tag a stinker through twitter to Samsung and forward them in other social media also if they don't agree to change panels. One Sony TV customer in this forum found some success that way, got one replacement and when the next one had issues as well he claimed a refund. (He is still paying emi after his refund got processed and paid!!)

The Samsung Senior Customer Associate who is handling my case has not reverted back to me yet with the current status being that my issue is still under consideration of technical team.

Now when ever one calls Samsung helpline you encounter the normal customer service reps who either don't have the authority to issue you refund or replacement or even transfer the call to the concerned senior team. So one has to wait for them to call you back n not vice versa. The whole backlog of other cases pending since lockdown are not helping either with fresh cases like mine being pegged further back in the queue.

The Samsung Senior Customer Associate who is handling my case has not reverted back to me yet with the current status being that my issue is still under consideration of technical team.

Now when ever one calls Samsung helpline you encounter the normal customer service reps who either don't have the authority to issue you refund or replacement or even transfer the call to the concerned senior team. So one has to wait for them to call you back n not vice versa. The whole backlog of other cases pending since lockdown are not helping either with fresh cases like mine being pegged further back in the queue.
Well this is Sad customer service from Samsung India, specially for a customer who has plunged on their 2021 Neo Qled tv.

Hope you find a resolution soon with them, all the best..

Yes I am from Rewa ( Land of White Tiger Fame) the zonal service manager is being kept in the loop but customer helpline guys n senior associate dealing with my issue are all based in Noida/ Delhi NCR.

Yes I am from Rewa ( Land of White Tiger Fame) the zonal service manager is being kept in the loop but customer helpline guys n senior associate dealing with my issue are all based in Noida/ Delhi NCR.
Hi. I was reading the entire post as I am planning to buy QN90A. I am planning to buy 50 inch variant for my bedroom. I saw you mentioning in one post that 50 inch model is A VA panel. Can you please confirm it. From where did you get that info. I tried calling Samsung customer care but everyone there is absolutely clueless about what I am talking. Please let me know source of your information.

Yes it is indeed VA but if you still unsure then do the tap test , I e tap/ knock or squeeze the panel n if you see a flash or an afterglow then it is VA.

So the senior associate from cus care finally called n suprise of suprise he refused to sanction a replacement citing the technical team who don't find anything wrong with my existing panel. I gave this guy a piece of my mind for keeping me hanging in the dark for a week.

Anyways according to the protocol if you are unhappy with Cus care so I have now contacted service head n failing that CEO office will be last destination . However my local dealer seems my biggest hope as he is willing to take back the tv at 10k less n is also offering a 65 version of QN90A n either 65/55 Q95T ( last year) .

Maybe Service head or the CEO office bring me good tidings but Samsung customer care is just a waste of time , no authority or power to sanction anything , inefficient, spineless wankers :mad:

So the senior associate from cus care finally called n suprise of suprise he refused to sanction a replacement citing the technical team who don't find anything wrong with my existing panel. I gave this guy a piece of my mind for keeping me hanging in the dark for a week.

Anyways according to the protocol if you are unhappy with Cus care so I have now contacted service head n failing that CEO office will be last destination . However my local dealer seems my biggest hope as he is willing to take back the tv at 10k less n is also offering a 65 version of QN90A n either 65/55 Q95T ( last year) .

Maybe Service head or the CEO office bring me good tidings but Samsung customer care is just a waste of time , no authority or power to sanction anything , inefficient, spineless wankers :mad:
Sad to hear that. I can vouch that LG has a superior customer service. They replaced panel of my PC 4k monitor almost 2 years after I bought without any hassle.

Yes it is indeed VA but if you still unsure then do the tap test , I e tap/ knock or squeeze the panel n if you see a flash or an afterglow then it is VA.
Is there any definite way to confirm this before I can buy it as I won’t get physical access to TV before I buy to personally check it myself. Also from where did you get the info that 50 inch is VA and not ADS. Actually the LG monitor that I own has an ips panel and I can personally vouch that ips glow looks horrible in dark room and contrast is really bad. I know it’s a monitor and not a TV with FALD but again looking at horrible reviews that LG TVs with IPS panel get I am bit hesitant to buy TV with ips panel. I own a PS5 and gaming PC and need absolutely gorgeous tv with best picture quality to enjoy my ps5 games. But I would like to say that after reading your good reviews about ADS panel I am bit less skeptical about ADS panel on Samsung TVs

Write to Dainik Jagran to publish bad things about them and tell them if TV is not replaced you will have this exposed to crores of readers.

50 n 85 sizes LED displays whether QN90A or for that matter of any other manufacturer are always VA. Due to DSE inherent in LED tech never buy them online or buy blind unless you are buying from Reliance Digital or you have a generous Samsung dealer like mine. If you like a demo/display set n is free from visible/distracting DSE just grab it !!!

Sorry to hear abt this, maybe better to go with the dealer offer to save time and peace of mind. 10k is a lot agreed, but it's no longer a new tv set and Samsung higher ups too will sing the same song as tech panel said already.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back