Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

I walked in one of the Sony World showrooms yesterday. The huge store in an upmarket area of Lucknow had the air of resignation. Two of the TV display areas had handwritten notice something on the tunes of new stuff awaited (just like old Doordarshan type: Rukawat ke liye khed hai).

I enquired about the OLED--A80J and A90J. All I could extract was a yawn and at max "Sir, once we get, we will call you." I think even the thought of demoing a A9H or A8G or similar troubled their wits.

Then, I moved towards their HTS demo area as am looking for a 7.1 HTS. Standing right in the centre of the HTS demo area I checked about 7.1 HTS. Again, "Sar, 7.1 is not there, we can order if you want." No attempt to share any literature or demo the fitted 5.1 ZS (?) system.
When asked about literature--"Sar, please check on the website. All information is there, Sar."

WTF! If everything is online, why do we need to visit the store?

Almost lost my head, when the salesperson asked, 'Should I order it, Sar; it takes at least one week to receive.'

I doubt SONY will ever get it.
Oops, responding to a post related to SONY, did not realise that this is a Samsung thread. Apologies. Requesting moderators to kindly delete this message.

Dirty screen effect in LCD/LED is the equivalent of burn in in OLED - same kind of blues. Samsung seems to have many such complaints. They should not talk about burn ins as an issue wrt OLEDs. Sheer hypocrisy by Samsung.

Dirty screen effect in LCD/LED is the equivalent of burn in in OLED - same kind of blues. Samsung seems to have many such complaints. They should not talk about burn ins as an issue wrt OLEDs. Sheer hypocrisy by Samsung.
DSE in LCD is equivalent to Vertical Bending in OLED. Comparing DSE with burn-in will be too farfetched. :)

DSE in LCD is equivalent to Vertical Bending in OLED. Comparing DSE with burn-in will be too farfetched. :)
As OM_2K19 mentioned, its more comparable with Vertical Banding which is very common on Oled panels. If you do screen test i m sure even your panel has it. In dark scenes like Queen's Gambit on Netflix, i see vertical banding on my B6 Oled & is very common to see them in most Oled panels. Its the way they are. Check the first episode on your CX & see for yourself. It all depends how picky you are with these technologies hiccups.

Cheers.

Didn't u buy from the Samsung website? they have no return policy?
In India whether we buy from Samsung website/brand store or most other TV brands there is no such return policy as such unless there is some obvious physical defect or a mechanical failure.

In India whether we buy from Samsung website/brand store or most other TV brands there is no such return policy as such unless there is some obvious physical defect or a mechanical failure.
Yeah once it's out of the store, it's all on the company's warranty policy. Store doesn't do shit, even if it's the Samsung/Sony/LG store

I had clicked some HDR pics of nightime Tokyo to post here but hifivision find file size too large to upload. Are 3.5 to 4 MB JPEG files supposed to be large !!! Anyways I will have to reshoot now n simultaneously take care to keep the file size down .

I had clicked some HDR pics of nightime Tokyo to post here but hifivision find file size too large to upload. Are 3.5 to 4 MB JPEG files supposed to be large !!! Anyways I will have to reshoot now n simultaneously take care to keep the file size down .
If you have windows, you can downscale the image using either powertoys(highly recommended) or the default gallery of Windows.

Use imgur and then post link/embed here.

If not for faint grid like DSE in panning shots the answer to your question would be QN90A ( Combination of vibrant colours+ brightness + superior upscaling of 1080i). Regarding DSE I have been advised by a few wise souls to accumulate 100 to 150 hours of TV viewing n loosen the screws on the back panel , apparently it reduces DSE significantly...let's see , Samsung technician is visiting tomorrow so fingers crossed....

If not for faint grid like DSE in panning shots the answer to your question would be QN90A ( Combination of vibrant colours+ brightness + superior upscaling of 1080i). Regarding DSE I have been advised by a few wise souls to accumulate 100 to 150 hours of TV viewing n loosen the screws on the back panel , apparently it reduces DSE significantly...let's see , Samsung technician is visiting tomorrow so fingers crossed....

My experience with them long time ago, was they replaced the panel happily, but to be honest the new panel was not much different although it lasted a good long time. All the best

Any update from the technician visit? what did they say about the issue?

QN90A like many Samsung TVs of late does not have screws at the back so that was a non starter :p , now I have been given advice that let TV accumulate 200 or 300 hours n it will improve itself over time n to wait for a new software update.

Failing all this I will raise the issue with Customer care n Service head even the CEO !!! One of my mates went through 3 LG CX last year within a week n LG graciously offering him a fresh panel each time with the CEO himself making a 30 second courtesy call...

QN90A like many Samsung TVs of late does not have screws at the back so that was a non starter :p , now I have been given advice that let TV accumulate 200 or 300 hours n it will improve itself over time n to wait for a new software update.

Failing all this I will raise the issue with Customer care n Service head even the CEO !!! One of my mates went through 3 LG CX last year within a week n LG graciously offering him a fresh panel each time with the CEO himself making a 30 second courtesy call...
Wow that seems to be nice customer service from LG, did the technician visit your place & checked your tv?

The guy who inspected my TV was the same guy who installed my TV, these guys are not either property qualified or even on Samsung payroll but are third party vendors hired on contractual basis by Samsung on inter district level. I will directly approach the customer care n tell them to bypass the local guys if I don't get relief at that level then it will be escalated to Service Head n finally the CEO office.

LG customer care indeed assign lots of value to the customers who splurge on there OLEDs n ideally every TV manufacturers should follow suit for there high value customers. What Samsung should realise is that I am not asking for a refund but either repair my panel or replace it with a clean panel.

It's not if my existing panel would be consigned to junkyard but it would be put back into circulation n there are many buyers who unlike me don't watch Cricket or Sports would not find any issues with this panel.

Needless to say I will keep you n everyone else posted.

Looks like this popular TV reviewer(host of all things tech) wants to return this TV due to DSE and banding issues. Really? This should give blues to potential buyers. But then what can LCD/LED technology do any different?

But then what can LCD/LED technology do any different?
These are from the very first batch, things will improve over the next batches once the fabrication process matures. It always does... :) The positive thing, their bat on Mini-LED worked, the black level is excellent even with challenging Star Field. This will provide them enough slack before they fix the fabrication issues with the Micro-LED panel.

The guy who inspected my TV was the same guy who installed my TV, these guys are not either property qualified or even on Samsung payroll but are third party vendors hired on contractual basis by Samsung on inter district level. I will directly approach the customer care n tell them to bypass the local guys if I don't get relief at that level then it will be escalated to Service Head n finally the CEO office.

Needless to say I will keep you n everyone else posted.

Third Party Vendors? seriously?? what the hell is Samsung India thinking? Is this the same for all cities like Delhi or Mumbai?
I never heard of this from LG & Sony, shocking what Samsung India is doing.

Back