Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Sorry to hear abt this, maybe better to go with the dealer offer to save time and peace of mind. 10k is a lot agreed, but it's no longer a new tv set and Samsung higher ups too will sing the same song as tech panel said already.
Thanks mate, as I write I just received an email from service head office that one of there fellows would be getting in touch me :rolleyes: I have been quite caterogical in that I am looking for replacement panel which fas been tested for DSE n other such issues.Hope they waste my time like that senior CC.

There is no point in them sending me a random panel from the nearest warehouse as i will be at the mercy of panel lottery.

On Monday my dealer will have a 65 hooked up n if that is free from DSE he will use his salesmanship skills to persuade me to upgrade to 65.

65 will have more immerrssion than 55 n hence the price also goes North accordingly.. Aprt from the extra money I am worried how 1080i content will appear on a 65, if viewed from a 10 to 12 feet viewing distance would the pixel density , sharpness, clarity would be same as 55 "or it will be pixelated n fuzzy. I havenever owned a 65 before.

Dear FMs all those who are owning 65 inches n watching 1080i content how's your experience n especially those who jumped fron 50/ 55 to 65.

65 will have more immerrssion than 55 n hence the price also goes North accordingly.. Aprt from the extra money I am worried how 1080i content will appear on a 65, if viewed from a 10 to 12 feet viewing distance would the pixel density , sharpness, clarity would be same as 55 "or it will be pixelated n fuzzy. I havenever owned a 65 before.

Dear FMs all those who are owning 65 inches n watching 1080i content how's your experience n especially those who jumped fron 50/ 55 to 65.
The 50 incher pricing is very aggressive and enticing at 1L if its a VA panel and has not dropped any core goodness for the TV. For the 65 incher I feel its better you try instead for the Q95T to validate a panel for target of 1.99 because QN90A will still throw in a ADS I suppose and be costly as well.
Best scenario for you is to get a refund otherwise and hang tight for something else. All the best buddy

i would say go for the 65" as it will be an upgrade for you too, how much is the 65" QN90A going for? if its 2.5L like mentioned on the samsung site then you have better options if you ask me.

It should be fine. I never had a TV lesser than 65 inches since 2016 when I bought the 9300D Sony 65". Since then the 1080 Interlaced content of Tata sky looked just fine. We could sit a bit away from the screen. If you watch from 1 feet away by chance, a little bit of pixelation might be the case but then that's not going to be the permanent viewing distance. From 55" to 65" is actually a good upgrade.

If anyone wants to tinker around (may void the warranty) with the Service menu, you need one of these in your arsenal.

DSE / vertical banding in QN90A
As the camera pans on the ball as it goes in the outfield one can see DSE/ vertical banding right across the centre of the screen. Believe me it looks far worse in person as the camera cannot capture it fully.
You've set local dimming to minimum I hope? This is the classic case of local dimming looking trash for sports.

You've set local dimming to minimum I hope? This is the classic case of local dimming looking trash for sports.
It does not make a much of difference as as either the backlight or the panel is severely lacking in uniformity issues.

It does not make a much of difference as as either the backlight or the panel is severely lacking in uniformity issues.
What is Samsung saying on this?
Also this TV looks so much saturated. Typical Samsung look.

Interesting. My TV has just ON/OFF option. I don't see any banding.

Interesting. My TV has just ON/OFF option. I don't see any banding.
It won't look like this but on any local dimming based TV if you look at sports with lots of green there will be brightness based splotches forming as different zones will have slightly different luminance. Also as human eyes are very sensitive to green, it looks especially bad.

I keep local dimming at off/low for sports. It looks best that way.

This could have been because of that.

It won't look like this but on any local dimming based TV if you look at sports with lots of green there will be brightness based splotches forming as different zones will have slightly different luminance. Also as human eyes are very sensitive to green, it looks especially bad.

I keep local dimming at off/low for sports. It looks best that way.

This could have been because of that.
Oh thanks will check for this.

What is Samsung saying on this?
Also this TV looks so much saturated. Typical Samsung look
They ( Samsung) are sending some one tomorrow or day after for some sort of video shooting :rolleyes: eventually I am confident that I will get my TV replaced ( fingers crossed).

As for saturated look I deliberately maxed out stuff to highlight the DSE.

They ( Samsung) are sending some one tomorrow or day after for some sort of video shooting :rolleyes: eventually I am confident that I will get my TV replaced ( fingers crossed).

As for saturated look I deliberately maxed out stuff to highlight the DSE.
Wishing for the best.

Does 50 inch qn90a comes with a protective film in India? Any other indications to differentiate a box pack television vs a display model? The reason am asking is since a lot of dealers out here tend to repack a display TV and pass it off as a box pack piece. Of course I know the seal of the box is broken when it arrives, however they tape it really well and it's a little difficult to differentiate. I know this sounds stupid, sorry in advance for that.

Excuse my skepticism please, as I have had a bad experience with display model before this, hence the question. (if my tv does not comes with a protective film that would be tell tale sign) BTW I have delivery scheduled for today. Would appreciate quick response.

Also does the 50 inch qn90a have wide viewing angle, tvfndr and rtings say it doesn't while samsung website says wide viewing angle!

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Last edited:
Does 50 inch qn90a comes with a protective film in India? Any other indications to differentiate a box pack television vs a display model? The reason am asking is since a lot of dealers out here tend to repack a display TV and pass it off as a box pack piece. Of course I know the seal of the box is broken when it arrives, however they tape it really well and it's a little difficult to differentiate. I know this sounds stupid, sorry in advance for that.

Excuse my skepticism please, as I have had a bad experience with display model before this, hence the question. (if my tv does not comes with a protective film that would be tell tale sign) BTW I have delivery scheduled for today. Would appreciate quick response.

Also does the 50 inch qn90a have wide viewing angle, tvfndr and rtings say it doesn't while samsung website says wide viewing angle!

All the premium Samsung Tv comes with a protective outer film which is taken off after installation. Samsung packs these tv units quite well; I am afraid dealers can match that level of quality during repacking.

You can also check the usage of the TV from the service menu to make sure it's not a display unit.

Guys - I need your advice. I received my Australian QN90A last Friday (BA02 panel). I must say reading all of this about IPS and ADS has me really worried and stressed after spending so much money, particularly as I based my purchase off countless online US reviews that I believe has the VA panel. Can someone please let me know am I actually worse off not having the VA and what is the difference? I haven’t even seen the VA in real life so not sure. Also see below picture on my panel:

Attachments

• 731A7DEE-5E32-4B07-B446-EF84AFB5BD6A.png
    731A7DEE-5E32-4B07-B446-EF84AFB5BD6A.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 17
Guys - I need your advice. I received my Australian QN90A last Friday (BA02 panel). I must say reading all of this about IPS and ADS has me really worried and stressed after spending so much money, particularly as I based my purchase off countless online US reviews that I believe has the VA panel. Can someone please let me know am I actually worse off not having the VA and what is the difference? I haven’t even seen the VA in real life so not sure. Also see below picture on my panel:
Please refer to my earlier posts regarding my QN90A ADS panel and you will get a fair idea, thanks to unprecedented high number of local dimming Zones the QN90A ADS version does perform ( Blacks + contrast) much better than many high end VA panels out there. Offcourse the QN90A VA version will have better dark room n blooming surpression in a pitch dark room but it is not chalk n cheese or a deal breaker.

TBH we in Asia Pacific region don't have a choice really unless you are willing to import the VA version, as you said you never had a VA panel or OLED previously ... what was the last TV you had before QN90A so I can offer a better perspective.

What is the return policy in Australia... I always tell everyone to check out such high end/expensive TVs in person...

I have seen QN90A with protective film removed at my local dealer's n once a film is removed and reapplied it has a very crumpled n disheveled look, you can easily tell.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back