LG C1 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

The effect I am talking about it constant. More pronounced in playback from HDD. More noticeable in single patches of greyish tones and medium brightness areas.
Try some demo videos or calibrations videos to see if its there.

When i was on panny cx700 , there some some what similar issues ,then i found it was due to a setting in my media player which was causing such issues.

Room is getting ready to receive the 65" :D

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.25 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.25 PM (2).jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.25 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.25 PM.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.26 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.26 PM (1).jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.26 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-01 at 2.31.26 PM.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 35
Hi Guys I have just got C1 55 inch .

So I welcome all owners, prospective owners , interested parties , rival TV Tech owners to share there valuable inputs n feedback.

View attachment 64108

OLED is amazing. Even re-watching some movies that you watched umpteen times is a treat. Having a Ball right now!
congratulations!!! got mine some time back. spent a long time on different picture settings, TruMotion, etc...........did a lot of reading and went through loads of calibration videos, and now I think I like what I see. All the best! I could share my settings, if interested.

congratulations!!! got mine some time back. spent a long time on different picture settings, TruMotion, etc...........did a lot of reading and went through loads of calibration videos, and now I think I like what I see. All the best! I could share my settings, if interested.
yes.. The tv is mounted , will share the pics soon.

The TV does need calibration for personal taste. out of box , i feel the colors are too saturated. have to fiddle a lot.

Pl share your settings and calibration experience. I am running it in default state.

Good news folks. Forget to usefiretv 4k stick for lg oled TV anymore. From today, Disney+ Hotstar started to support 4K HDR Dolby vision on LG webos

It is Stunning to watch 4k hdr dv movies with lg oled.
Which content is 4K hdr on Hotstar? Also how do we find if it’s actually running 4k

The oled got installed and played some hdr. The demo videos are too good, but they are mostly stable shots.
But run hdr movie. It's sooo good. But definetly needs tweaking to suite each personal preference.
In my panny cx700, I always keep fiddling to bring the best. This oled is no different.
I would say it will take Atleast 1-2 months of back and forth changing of setting to suite each need.
When there is loads of black (I will share a small clipping / intro song from NAVARASA) This tv aces the pq. The black is black. I have a well controlled room and when tv goes dark, it's pitch black..
The colors are too saturated.. It definetly needs to be brought down. I keep it very realistic looking with little saturation.
TV remote is heavy.. Air mouse is too good.
Will post a good review soon and if possible compare it with Hisense U6G

Hey guys, just curious which picture mode do u use to view the TV ? My friend got a C1 n he uses the APS mode to watch it. The expert1 n expert 2 settings seem wildly off. I use expert 1 n expert 2 mostly in my CX n they look the best.

I don't think you can side load apks in LG C1. APK is for Android and LG uses WebOS
yes.. Saw in other forums. But i am confident , they will using android underneath but somekind of package manager to handle it.

Ads are obnoxious on youtube platform.

Planning to either run youtube and other apps from my adroid himedia player or probably will plan to run a pihole.

yes.. Saw in other forums. But i am confident , they will using android underneath but somekind of package manager to handle it.

Ads are obnoxious on youtube platform.

Planning to either run youtube and other apps from my adroid himedia player or probably will plan to run a pihole.
I had read somewhere that WebOS is Palm OS based.

I had read somewhere that WebOS is Palm OS based.
Yes, you got it right. It was originally developed by Palm and when HP bought them they made Palm OS as open sourced aka. Open WebOS and later that was sold to LG where it finally became WebOS.

I dont think we can much leeway to install or customize on WebOS and i feel LG wont be ready to support if something goes wrong.. read - Bricked

Best is to just use it for its display and run everything you need from a android tv box

There is a new firmware.

I personally dont install ,unless i clearly know what is inside it..

Version 03.21.05 SW information

1. Improvement

1) Fixing minor bugs in software

2. Applicable model list

OLED48C1PTB

OLED48C1PTZ

OLED48C1PVB

OLED55C1PTB

OLED55C1PTZ

OLED55C1PVA

OLED55C1PVB

OLED55C1XTZ

OLED55G1PTA

OLED55G1PTZ

OLED55G1PVA

OLED65C1PTB

OLED65C1PTZ

OLED65C1PVA

OLED65C1PVB

OLED65C1XTZ

OLED65G1PTA

OLED65G1PTZ

OLED65G1PVA

OLED65R1PTA

OLED65R1PVA

OLED77C1PTB

OLED77C1PTZ

OLED77C1PVA

OLED77C1PVB

OLED77G1PTA

OLED77G1PTZ

OLED77G1PVA

OLED83C1PTA

OLED83C1PTZ

OLED83C1PVA

OLED48C1XTZ

3. Release History

[03.10.29]

1. Voice recognition service feature will be updated.

2. Software update contains minor bug fix.

[03.11.15]

1. Software update contains minor bug fixes

[03.11.21]

1. Improved sound noise

[03.11.23]

1. Software update contains minor bug fix

[03.15.27]

The following services will be added to the newly updated version.

1. Game Dashboard is provided for game users through setting button

2. More leagues are available in sports alarm. (Australia)

3. A button that links to other art app in Art gallery app service.

4. No need to change the input for using Facebook Portal

*The availability of services may vary depending on the region or TV models

[03.15.36]

1. Fixing minor bugs in software

[03.15.95]

[03.20.12]

1. Music recognition feature improvement.

[03.20.16]

[03.20.45]

[03.20.65]

[03.20.80]

[03.21.05]

Hi
Recent owner of C148.. had a doubt regarding the stand for the tv. The technician initially came with a wall mount and i asked for the table stand. They said it will take 2 days and then came with a table mount and installed it. Later only i realised that it's not the same as what is shown in the display. Seems like a CX table mount. Trying to get it replaced from the service centre but they are saying this is the right stand. Can anyone confirm?
PXL-20211229-050525050.jpg
PXL-20211229-050549323.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back