LG C1 Owners Thread (No Price Talk)

Guys, did anyone opt for wall mount? How is the wall mount? Is it flexible to pull the tv from sides?

I've recently got myself a 65G1 and the experience has been great. My setup includes Yamaha 473 which is connected to the G1's eARC port. I've selected eARC as the sound setting.

It works well for quite a bit of content however for some apps and content the handshake seems to be the issue

When i play Netflix app on the TV, for content having the regular and 5.1 streams, i have to toggle between the two streams a few times before the arc works properly and i get 5.1 streaming to the AVR. If i pause the content there's a chance that the arc stops and i have to toggle again a few times.

Even in Prime app, some content just doesn't play audio. I've eliminated the hdmi cable as it works for quite a few content streams. I've tried selecting the passthrough option and have eARC enabled. Any suggestions?

Also, can anyone explain the TruMotion setting and options i.e what does each option meant for?

Set motion to smooth. Helps a lot in all content.
Hey Thanks.

Right now I am trying all options.
basically what I have learnt is that - the settings available on the net - Vincent, AVForums, rTings etc. are a starting point for me and then I play by eye.
e.g. - a lot of reviews say that the C1 is not bright enough - well in my surrounding, damn, it is plenty bright and I have to tone down the brightness.
So basically - Different strokes for different folks..

Hey Thanks.

Right now I am trying all options.
basically what I have learnt is that - the settings available on the net - Vincent, AVForums, rTings etc. are a starting point for me and then I play by eye.
e.g. - a lot of reviews say that the C1 is not bright enough - well in my surrounding, damn, it is plenty bright and I have to tone down the brightness.
So basically - Different strokes for different folks..
Me too find it a little too bright! Running default settings till now. Haven't been able to fiddle with settings yet.

Hi,

Have anyone using FireTV 4k stick with LG OLED that you bought recently?

Disney+ Hotstar doesn't have updated 4K LG webOS app. Hence we cannot get Disney+ 4k HDR DolbyVision videos there. So I have been using FireTV stick 4k for it. My setup is like below:

FireTv Stick -> LG BX65 OLED TV

It has been good, and I used to view all the Dolby Vision contents . I have a premium subscription. But from the last one week , any Dolby vision content is not working.

It is not a problem with 4K movie content of hotstar tab section.

Only the 4k content from disney+ having this issue.

The error message is this:

Playback Error
Error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device. Please restart your device and try again. (PL-1000)

-> I tried playing Dolby vision from other apps like Netflix, Apple TV and Prime and all are fine.
-> Tried clearing data/cache and also re-installed the app.
-> Couple of FireTV reboots and LG TV reboots also did not help

There simply seems to be no fix for this issue.

The Issue is limited to Hotstar (Disney+). I contacted their Support but was unable to get any good help.
They ask me to do the same things I already did above
They ask me now to factory-reset the FireTV , but that did not solved the issue.

Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Yes even me too facing the similar issue only with the movie "Jungle Cruise" on the hotstar app. Tried to reset the app and restart the FireTV 4k and restart the TV etc., but nothing works. This error is happening only on this movie even though this movie plays fine in my non-4k FireTV stick as well as browser based.

Thanks

Good news folks. Forget to usefiretv 4k stick for lg oled TV anymore. From today, Disney+ Hotstar started to support 4K HDR Dolby vision on LG webos

It is Stunning to watch 4k hdr dv movies with lg oled.

Guys, I see flickering pixelated effect on my C1. I am attaching a video. The effect is much pronounced in playback from HDD. Is this normal?

I am sorry which part of it you are referring to? There is light bleed visible but it could be due to your content also. If some pictures are taken by an inferior camera, it could bleed on any visual display unit. Even in OLED panels.

I am sorry which part of it you are referring to? There is light bleed visible but it could be due to your content also. If some pictures are taken by an inferior camera, it could bleed on any visual display unit. Even in OLED panels.
Between 0.17 - 0.2, white band at bottom. You will see granulated part more prominently. Granules are flickering too. More like empty screen of CRT or LCD TV.

It depends on the feed. I recently bought Barry Lyndon blue ray disk and played it on PS4 - the PQ is stunning. Especially the panaromic pan scenes in wide expanse of nature.

The effect I am talking about it constant. More pronounced in playback from HDD. More noticeable in single patches of greyish tones and medium brightness areas.
HDD played in HDMI or usb port? USB content is usually only so so.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back