Need suggestions for home theatre setup under 3 lakhs

ve_key_

Hello people. I'm new to the forum and A
audio communities in general. So consider me blind for except the very basics.

I Need suggestions for a Home theatre audio setup for under 3 lakhs including AVR possibly a 7.1.2 (even 5.1.2 which i can upgrade later). So a 9 channel AVR is a must. Use case is mostly for movies only.

Room size is 19 ft × 16ft before (wall to wall before any accoustics being done) and 8.5 ft of height excluding False ceiling

I live in Tirupur, Tamil Nadu where there are not many places for live demo so I'm clueless as to how good things might sound IRL. But i can trust the ppl of the forum to suggest a setup that people will generally like and that is the best for the price. Would be amazing if u guys can suggest a viable setup!

Hi,

You can try Denon 3800H 9ch AVR powering and 11ch processing capability with external power amp and you can connect 4subs with this.

If you use full potential of AVR then you can setup 7.4.4 or 7.2.4 layout for you big room size.

You can check pioneer VSX LX505 9CH AVR and 11.2ch processing power , added advantage is that you get DIRAC within the paid price of AVR.

Choose your speakers and sub based on your taste.

Hi,

You can try Denon 3800H 9ch AVR powering and 11ch processing capability with external power amp and you can connect 4subs with this.

If you use full potential of AVR then you can setup 7.4.4 or 7.2.4 layout for you big room size.

You can check pioneer VSX LX505 9CH AVR and 11.2ch processing power , added advantage is that you get DIRAC within the paid price of AVR.

Choose your speakers and sub based on your taste.
You can also go for the Pioneer LX-305 - its lower price than LX-505, has 9 channels, and includes Dirac in the price as well. Only thing is you can’t do 11 channels later.

I agree today Dirac is key to have in your AVR. I have an LX-505 myself and have been very happy with Dirac

I live in Tirupur, Tamil Nadu where there are not many places for live demo so I'm clueless as to how good things might sound IRL. But i can trust the ppl of the forum to suggest a setup that people will generally like and that is the best for the price. Would be amazing if u guys can suggest a viable setup!
First of all when you get a chance you can visit any nearest city to get audition of speakers. Ultimately the system should satisfy you , u may not like the system how others like. I think u may get some HT showrooms in Coimbatore.

More over to start with - you can get AVR from Denon/Marantz/Pioneer/Yamaha ..etc.
For speakers depends on room size , u can go for Bookshelves or floor standers.

Sonodyne Avant/or Sonus series is good and will fit in to your budget.
Also start looking in to other brands: Monitor Audio / Dali /Q Acoustics/Kilpsch ..etc.

If you really like good punch in BASS , consider Subs like SVS/XTZ/REL/Rythemic 12"Sub .. To start with single sub should be enough . u can add second one later when need.

You can also go for the Pioneer LX-305 - its lower price than LX-505, has 9 channels, and includes Dirac in the price as well. Only thing is you can’t do 11 channels later.

I agree today Dirac is key to have in your AVR. I have an LX-505 myself and have been very happy with Dirac
Lx305 seems like a good option!

First of all when you get a chance you can visit any nearest city to get audition of speakers. Ultimately the system should satisfy you , u may not like the system how others like. I think u may get some HT showrooms in Coimbatore.

More over to start with - you can get AVR from Denon/Marantz/Pioneer/Yamaha ..etc.
For speakers depends on room size , u can go for Bookshelves or floor standers.

Sonodyne Avant/or Sonus series is good and will fit in to your budget.
Also start looking in to other brands: Monitor Audio / Dali /Q Acoustics/Kilpsch ..etc.

If you really like good punch in BASS , consider Subs like SVS/XTZ/REL/Rythemic 12"Sub .. To start with single sub should be enough . u can add second one later when need.
I will try my best to audition speakers.. A local dealer is suggesting JBL speakers (a180, a135c, a130 surround and a120p sub). Even these with the lx305 goes beyond my budget. Dont know what to do with my current budget constraints.

Denin 3800 avr 9 channel avr
Polk hts 12 or klipsch 120 subs 2 or ascendo sub1

In classifieds indiq diamond misra for sale for 38k as front L R
Indiq center and surrounds

Go with 7.1.2 or 7.2.2

I will try my best to audition speakers.. A local dealer is suggesting JBL speakers (a180, a135c, a130 surround and a120p sub). Even these with the lx305 goes beyond my budget. Dont know what to do with my current budget constraints.
if you are on strict budget constraint , First build front stages speakers . Your Front stage is more significant than your surround speakers.
Look for any used speakers for surround or add surround speakers later when you have budget.
JBL a180,a135c looks good but never auditioned them. Check with local dealer and get demo and take a call.

JBL 120p sub is ok, but if you need more punchier and powerful base consider Subs like SVS/XTZ/REL/Rythemic.
I was using JBL 120p like sub woofer before and upgraded to XTZ Edge sub, it made huge difference in movie experience.
These subs are more powerful >500 watts RMS rated and will be little expensive but worth it .

You can consider Sonodyne sonus center + Floorstanding speakers will cost you max 80 to 90k for LCR speakers and remaining you can invest for good Sub and other components.

Last edited:

I Need suggestions for a Home theatre audio setup for under 3 lakhs including AVR possibly a 7.1.2 (even 5.1.2 which i can upgrade later). So a 9 channel AVR is a must. Use case is mostly for movies only.

Room size is 19 ft × 16ft before (wall to wall before any accoustics being done) and 8.5 ft of height excluding False ceiling

You can buy speakers or amp separately as per the advt. . Then add a subwoofer later if interested in preowned in the classifieds of HFV. Pls verify the condition with the FM.

Hi one person in banglaore is sellkng 2 mknyhs old denon x3800h for a very nominal price. I saw the post. You need ti check with him

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back