Need suggestions for stereo amp with speakers

I don't know any dealer in person, but many FMs are from Bangalore and can give you the heads-up

While I have a NAD355BEE driving my Dynaudio DM2/6, I listen to my second system more...

Oldchen tube amplifier from AliExpress (23K all inclusive)
Plus
DIY Ahuja 12” FR on an open baffle configuration (5K incl of Plywood)

Just a thought from my sideView attachment 43332
Hi swami,
I am also eyeing on Chinese tube amplifier. And selected Yaqin MC13S. It's 40 + 40W. I have heard that Yaqin is making good quality amplifier. And selected Yaqin MS23B phono stage.
What's your opinion about tube amplifier? Do they really sound better than newer sold state amplifier? Like Marantz 6006 or audiolab 6000a.
I primarily listen old Bollywood songs. Some times new soft Hindi songs.For old songs I use vinyl. For new ones lossless or online streaming.
How do you compare newer amps and tube amps since you have both.
Lastly I have been using AliExpress since last many years. But didn't ordered such heavy items (it's 22kg) and large size. How much customs duty you paid? Did you face any difficulty in importing this?
Did you tried rolling tubes?

I think AudioPlanet and Dynox in Bangalore will have products in your range. There would be many more - these 2 are dealers I've bought from in the past

Hi swami,
I am also eyeing on Chinese tube amplifier. And selected Yaqin MC13S. It's 40 + 40W. I have heard that Yaqin is making good quality amplifier. And selected Yaqin MS23B phono stage.
What's your opinion about tube amplifier? Do they really sound better than newer sold state amplifier? Like Marantz 6006 or audiolab 6000a.
I primarily listen old Bollywood songs. Some times new soft Hindi songs.For old songs I use vinyl. For new ones lossless or online streaming.
How do you compare newer amps and tube amps since you have both.
Lastly I have been using AliExpress since last many years. But didn't ordered such heavy items (it's 22kg) and large size. How much customs duty you paid? Did you face any difficulty in importing this?
Did you tried rolling tubes?
Hi

my tube amp was smaller and probably 10 kgs. The cost was 18K and duty was around 5K handled by Fedex. It was easy.

my NAD is 12years old now and not sure whether I can call it latest. But it sounds awesome with my Dynes

my tube amp operates with my Full range OB speakers and both these setups sound differently and both are very good for different genres. But I try and play all sorts of music in both

no tube rolling as of now. To be honest. I do not keep experimenting too much and just enjoy my setups. Once in a year or so I get some urge to do something and only then I think of some changes with something less expensive

Swami

I have had the privilege to listen to both the @swami69 setups.
The full range he had just built and was in his main listening room powered by the tube amp.

The other setup with the NAD and the Dyns was ofcourse leagues ahead in terms of audio quality, but the full range also sounded quite good within its limitations,

I have had the privilege to listen to both the @swami69 setups.
The full range he had just built and was in his main listening room powered by the tube amp.

The other setup with the NAD and the Dyns was ofcourse leagues ahead in terms of audio quality, but the full range also sounded quite good within its limitations,
Kannan sir. Thanks for commenting. Just fyi, the OB you listened was just a trial piece. Now it is with a much larger baffle and a piezo tweeter in my living room and has improved multi fold. When passing this side, please drop in

swami

Hi

my tube amp was smaller and probably 10 kgs. The cost was 18K and duty was around 5K handled by Fedex. It was easy.

my NAD is 12years old now and not sure whether I can call it latest. But it sounds awesome with my Dynes

my tube amp operates with my Full range OB speakers and both these setups sound differently and both are very good for different genres. But I try and play all sorts of music in both

no tube rolling as of now. To be honest. I do not keep experimenting too much and just enjoy my setups. Once in a year or so I get some urge to do something and only then I think of some changes with something less expensive

Swami
Hi Swami, thanks for suggestion. Can you please tell me which speakers u connected with tube amp.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back