Need Suggestions on AVRs and Speakers

mahi265

Hello All, I am Mahipal from Hyderabad and I am new to the forum, after searching for a long finally found this forum which I am not aware of earlier. Got into the right area I believe.
Currently working in UK(
On a project work) and will be back to India in couple of months. Planning to setup a 5.1 and wanted to buy an AVR here as there is significant price difference. And for 5.1 will buy in India. My Living room layout is L-Shaped with open Kitchen. Attached my Room Layout and my TV cabinet Pic. As I have limited space decided to go with Bookshelfs+Center+Surround+8 Inch Sub(no Space to keep larger one)

My usage is mainly (Music 60%+Movies 40%)steaming music through Chrome cast (Saavn/Gaana/Youtube) and watch movies over weekends.

Considering Yamaha RX-v485/Yamaha Rx-v585(6K extra compare to 485) and Denon AVR-X2500H (8K extra compare to 485)
So Could you please suggest the AVR from the above.
For Speakers: My budget is 50K-55K and my preferred choice is Option 1 with Yamaha RX-v485 as this fits in my budget but open to suggestions and can change my mind.
1. Yamaha: NS333+NS-P51+NS SW200 (
As I mentioned because of space and dimensions suits my space).
2. Elac: Debut 5.2+C 5.2+OW 4.2 and Yamaha Elac S8/NS-SW200: Will add Center and Surrounds later.

3. Polk: S15+S30+S10 and Yamaha NS-SW200 Will add Center and Surrounds later.

Sorry for the long post.
Thank you.
Room Layout.pngDSCN7465.JPG

Hello All, I am Mahipal from Hyderabad and I am new to the forum, after searching for a long finally found this forum which I am not aware of earlier. Got into the right area I believe.
Currently working in UK(
On a project work) and will be back to India in couple of months. Planning to setup a 5.1 and wanted to buy an AVR here as there is significant price difference. And for 5.1 will buy in India. My Living room layout is L-Shaped with open Kitchen. Attached my Room Layout and my TV cabinet Pic. As I have limited space decided to go with Bookshelfs+Center+Surround+8 Inch Sub(no Space to keep larger one)

My usage is mainly (Music 60%+Movies 40%)steaming music through Chrome cast (Saavn/Gaana/Youtube) and watch movies over weekends.

Considering Yamaha RX-v485/Yamaha Rx-v585(6K extra compare to 485) and Denon AVR-X2500H (8K extra compare to 485)
So Could you please suggest the AVR from the above.
For Speakers: My budget is 50K-55K and my preferred choice is Option 1 with Yamaha RX-v485 as this fits in my budget but open to suggestions and can change my mind.
1. Yamaha: NS333+NS-P51+NS SW200 (
As I mentioned because of space and dimensions suits my space).
2. Elac: Debut 5.2+C 5.2+OW 4.2 and Yamaha Elac S8/NS-SW200: Will add Center and Surrounds later.

3. Polk: S15+S30+S10 and Yamaha NS-SW200 Will add Center and Surrounds later.

Sorry for the long post.
Thank you.
View attachment 34453View attachment 34454
If budget is not a constraint please go for denon 2500 and don't go for 485 as its just a 5.1 receiver. 2500 is atoms capable and a solid avr with all the features required for any HT lover. And regarding the 3 speaker choices try to audition and purchase upon your liking. All three wil have different sound signatures. I have heard the polk signature series and it will do a good job for movies

Since you are planning to use it for 60% music, I recommend Marantz 1609 AVR. You may get 1608 at good price now, if you don't want minor new features available in 1609.

Polk is not great for music. You may consider Wharfedale or KEF or Q Acoustics etc. for music. You may consider sealed sub like SVS SB1000 or SB2000 for music, they are small size to fit in the space.

Planning to setup a 5.1 and wanted to buy an AVR here as there is significant price difference.

That is a better option.. You may keep an eye on 7.1 AVR's (or) 9.1 AVR for a 50K budget.. With such capable AVR, you can restrict it to 5.1 at present, but can look to build a good set-up over time.. Denon x 3500, Pioner LX 303, Onkyo RZ 730..

You may check richersounds for any sales on AVR and stock clearance - https://www.richersounds.com/ Who knows, you may end up with a very good deal on AVR..

but open to suggestions and can change my mind.

You may add Taga Harmony Platinum series in your choices as they are within your budget..

That is a better option.. You may keep an eye on 7.1 AVR's (or) 9.1 AVR for a 50K budget.. With such capable AVR, you can restrict it to 5.1 at present, but can look to build a good set-up over time.. Denon x 3500, Pioner LX 303, Onkyo RZ 730..

You may check richersounds for any sales on AVR and stock clearance - https://www.richersounds.com/ Who knows, you may end up with a very good deal on AVR..

You may add Taga Harmony Platinum series in your choices as they are within your budget..
Thank you for your comments. Yeah I was checking in Richersounds only. Giving good discount on Denon X2500H. IN some of the thread many said Yamaha is good for music and movies. Is 585 a good option? As I can wait for Surrounds may be I can add Musiccast20 wireless as surrounds.

If budget is not a constraint please go for denon 2500 and don't go for 485 as its just a 5.1 receiver. 2500 is atoms capable and a solid avr with all the features required for any HT lover. And regarding the 3 speaker choices try to audition and purchase upon your liking. All three wil have different sound signatures. I have heard the polk signature series and it will do a good job for movies
Thank you for your inputs. Will you be able to help me where I can audition. I found Pro Fx in Hyderabad but Yamaha products not listed in their website. Any one you can suggest.

Thanks
Since you are planning to use it for 60% music, I recommend Marantz 1609 AVR. You may get 1608 at good price now, if you don't want minor new features available in 1609.

Polk is not great for music. You may consider Wharfedale or KEF or Q Acoustics etc. for music. You may consider sealed sub like SVS SB1000 or SB2000 for music, they are small size to fit in the space.

Thanks for the reply, SVS is expensive :( I am little inclined to Yamaha so how about NS333+NS444+NS SW200 and later add Surrounds. I haven't find more info on Yamaha speakers. Will see Q Acoustic too.

Thank you for your comments. Yeah I was checking in Richersounds only. Giving good discount on Denon X2500H. IN some of the thread many said Yamaha is good for music and movies. Is 585 a good option? As I can wait for Surrounds may be I can add Musiccast20 wireless as surrounds.

Yes..Yamaha 585 is also a good option..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back