Need suggestions on HT speakers and Receivers

Vka1988

Hi all,

I am planning to set up a budget friendly HT system. and one of my friend from US will be bringing the receiver for me. I just opted two options here as of now
1. Yamaha RX-V679BL 7.2-Channel MusicCast AV Receiver with Bluetooth - 350$
2. Onkyo TX-NR555 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver - 350$

Speaker packages am planning to buy from India is as below.

POlK TSX 330, TSX 150C, TSX 110b & PSW 125.(74,000 INR) This is what I am planning for.

Please help me to choose a good option from the receiver and as well as your reviews or suggestion about speaker packages. If there is any other better options please do let me know. And could you please let me know the areas where I can get best deals. I am based out of Cochin, Kerala.

Thanks,
Vineeth

Hi all,

I am planning to set up a budget friendly HT system. and one of my friend from US will be bringing the receiver for me. I just opted two options here as of now

POlK TSX 330, TSX 150C, TSX 110b & PSW 125.(74,000 INR) This is what I am planning for.

Please help me to choose a good option from the receiver and as well as your reviews or suggestion about speaker packages. If there is any other better options please do let me know. And could you please let me know the areas where I can get best deals. I am based out of Cochin, Kerala.

Thanks,

Vineeth

Hello Vineeth... I am just setting up my 5.1 in the same price range u have..I have ordered tsx220b, tsx150c, owm3 and psw110 for my speaker setup with denon x1300 receiver...

I haven't had any update on onkyo and Yamaha receivers but just by the specs of them I find Yamaha to be better.

My system would be ready by next week and I will let you know how it sounds.

Thanks,
Dushyant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Vineeth... I am just setting up my 5.1 in the same price range u have..I have ordered tsx220b, tsx150c, owm3 and psw110 for my speaker setup with denon x1300 receiver...

I haven't had any update on onkyo and Yamaha receivers but just by the specs of them I find Yamaha to be better.

My system would be ready by next week and I will let you know how it sounds.

Thanks,
Dushyant

Hi Dushyant,

That would be great.. Let me know after it is ready.. are you doing anything else on your room for sound absorption.. Please let me know. I am thinking whether it is required or not..

Vineeth K A

Hi Dushyant,

That would be great.. Let me know after it is ready.. are you doing anything else on your room for sound absorption.. Please let me know. I am thinking whether it is required or not..

Vineeth K A

Nothing as of now... my room is rectangle and not closed on all sides so I will set this up first and see how it sounds.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Thanks,
Vineeth

Hi Vineeth,

I will suggest better to look for ATMOS and DTS-X capable receivers. Yamaha RX-V679 is 2 year older model and does not have ATMOS and DTS-X support.

You can consider Yamaha RX-V 781 or RX-V 681.

Onkyo 555 won't be a good choice. I personally auditioned this model. This lacks in Mid and High frequency. And no where comparable to entry level other receiver from Yamaha or Denon.

However you can go for Onkyo TX-NR 747 or TX-NR 646. Depending upon your budget. 747 is the best mid range receiver followed by 646.

Thanks and Regards
Sujit

Hi

Im a new user

Just had a query. I owned a 6.1 channel yamaha receiver and speakers. My receiver has gone dead. I showed it to a authorised yamaha service centre in goregaon. Who checked te receiver and gave me a quote of 10000 for a motherboard replacement. As it was too high is there any other option for getting my speakers working with another cheaper amplifier. Which matches my 6.1 yamaha speakers.

Also any more suggestions are welcome. Or anyone in mumbai who can fix my amplifier.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back