Need suggestions on tower speakers home theaters

Balaaji

Hi all, I'm really eager to get a home theater with tower speakers. Need experts advise..... And my budget is 30k max. Plz suggest me.....

Only satellites 5.1 possible in this budget!
How big or small is your room, is something you have to ask yourself first.

Your budget has to be atleast 50-60K for setting up a decent sound quality start-up home theatre (AVR + 5.1 Speakers).

Buy an entry level AV receiver from Denon/Marantz/Yamaha/Onkyo.
Regarding speaker package, I recommend any one of the following. All of them have good reviews and the sound quality is very good for it's price.

Dali Fazon
Paradigm Cinema 70
Energy Take Classic 5.1
Focal JM Lab Cub series

I have mentioned the best four that I have come across. Apart from these there are packages from Klipsch, Polk Audio, Tannoy and many other brands.

Cheers

Only satellites 5.1 possible in this budget!
How big or small is your room, is something you have to ask yourself first.

Ok. My room nice is not big. And I know that satellite speakers are okay. But my desire is to get a tall boy front speakers. But any how as u said let me decide to get 5.1 satellite speaker package.

you have 3 options (Best on top):
Option 1
Entry level receiver + 2 fronts (BS or FS)
(add the other speakers later step by step)

Option 2
Entry level receiver + 5.1 satellite system

Option 3 (cheapest)
Onkyo HTS 3400 5.1 speaker system + receiver

Please stay away from names like Sony, Samsung, etc........leave them to do what they do best.......making TVs!!!

For ht within 30k including avr, you won't get tower speakers if you're buying new. My suggestion would be to try JBL SCS140BK+AVR134 package(~25k), onkyo 3400(again ~25k), or entry level Htib from denon(not sure of the model or price). Whichever you choose, stay away from brands like sony, panasonic, samsung etc as Aakashr rightly pointed out.

If you can stretch your budget to 40 you can get a full 5.1 package with floor standers from cambridge audio.

The model is called Sirocco and this is they look like you can google them further:
s70_5.1_385.jpg

The only weak link in the setup is the subwoofer which is a little underpowered but for 40k it is EXCELLENT value for money and I highly recommend the set.

Onkyo HT-S3400 is now replaced by HT-S3500, so always try to buy the latest technology available. The HT-S3500 has just been launched in India and will soon be available in the market, if not already available.

Thanks. But hrs 3500 has small front speakers... And if we campare the both people preferring me to get hrs 3400. What's ur suggestion dude?

Both 3400 and 3500 look identical. Both are 5.1 satellite systems. Always go for new technology, the 3400 has been upgraded to the 3500. Most people are not aware for the 3500 since it has just been launched. Even if you call Onkyo customer care, they will be unable to give you details of the 3500. If I were you, I would not look at old discontinued models and go for HT-S3500.

Back