Need suggestions on what HT config to go for

dc_cet

Hi,

I am a newbie in this forum and would like someone to tell me what home theater model I should go for.

My requirements:
================
I am looking for a 3.1 home theater and my room size is 14 feet by 14 feet and in the 3rd floor of an apartment complex. My primary purpose would be music 25% and movies 50% and gaming 25%. My budget is 30-35k max and I would need to get the speakers and amplifier purchased in Chennai.

My amplifier needs inputs for my PS3, X-Box, iPOD, needs HDMi inputs to my LCD, must have a DVD player (supporting multiple formats), should allow me to connect an external HDD/USB stick for movies/music. Also I need to play normal TV programs from my airtel DTH on the HT speakers.

My wife needs the speakers to look good :)..hence would ideally like to have wooden speakers in a deep cherry finish. I dont have a scope to put in any sound absorbtion panels in the room. I would prefer to mix and match speakers/amplifiers instead of going for HT in a box.

Do let me know a good configuration I can look for.

Thanks,
dc

for 30-35k custom setup is difficult for a home theatre. as speakers itself might cost u the same amount u mentioned for the HT as u stated that u want them to be wooden and cherry finish however. u can look forward for HTib either philips or onkyo
3300-24-25k and rest for a good dvd player and proper stand for them to look good.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back