Need suggestions-Phase 1-Budget 15K

sec

Hi,
I'm planning a music system setup in 2 phases.
Phase 1: Start with 2 speakers and amp
Phase 2: and then add a sub and a center speaker.

System is for music only - no movies.
Music : Mostly A R Rahman and Illayaraja (tamil music)
Source: My Desktop
Phase 1: 2 floor standing speakers and an amp for 15K

Suggestions please..

Thanks
sec

If only music is your objective, you don't need a centre channel nor a sub. What you need is a two channel amp, and two speakers. At your budget, the only option may be a Norge amplifier, and a pair of SL 20 bookshelf speakers from CA.

Cheers.

+1 to Venkat
You just need a 2 channel(stereo integrated amp) amp and 2 speakers.
A norge 2060 with a pair of bookshelves from Norge/CA s30 etc. You may not get Floorstanders at that price unless you go for used stuff.

How big is your room? A bookshelf which sounds full and detailed can sound tinny (almost) in a biggish room. Just mentioning my experience just a week ago.

thanks venkatcr, audioi
@captrajesh: My room size is close to 10x9.

and I'm not looking for loud music..

Let me try to explain what I prefer..and I'm not sure if I'm using the right terms that you would expect.
I prefer full rich sound with tight bass
not 'chill chill' (edgy)
and not 'boom boom' where mid and high frequencies fade.

After going through lot of other threads and as per vernktcr and iaudio's suggestion,
with my budget, looks like Norge2060 amp. is the way to go
and speaker choices so far are
Norge millenium
CAS30

Any more suggestions that I should audition?

There are very nice speakers like Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 / 9.2 / 10.1, but all of them (speakers alone) will cost you around 10-12K rupees. If only you can stretch your budget a bit, you can buy the Norge amp and a good pair of bookshelves like the Diamonds.

Try the Audioengine 5 for use with PC. These are powered speakers which have received awesome reviews over the internet. I own a pair. Though at 19K they are a little over your budget.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back