Need suggestions regarding hifi setup

Aayush

Hello everyone
I am new to this forum and planning to build my first stereo setup
I need some suggestions regarding integrated amp and speaker which i have already shortlisted :
Integrated amp/network receiver
1. Marantz pm7000n
2. Yamaha rn803
3. Audilab 6000a and audiolab 6000n
Speakers:
1. Klipsch 600m
2. Wharfedale evo 4.2
My budget is around 1.5lacs to 2lacs
Pls help me to select better equiptment

Hi Der,
you can add Emotiva A-150 or A-300 & these are on bit Neutral side with excellent vocals .
it’s really good that setup has Wharfedale Evo as they have a really good sound signature.
I am new to these stereo sounds but while audition found Emotiva’s are also good .
Regs,

Hi Der,
you can add Emotiva A-150 or A-300 & these are on bit Neutral side with excellent vocals .
it’s really good that setup has Wharfedale Evo as they have a really good sound signature.
I am new to these stereo sounds but while audition found Emotiva’s are also good .
Regs,
Thank you sir for your response
If i buy basx series which will cost around 80k to 90k and i need to buy streamer too which will cost around 50k atleast
This setup is out of my budget

Thank you sir for your response
If i buy basx series which will cost around 80k to 90k and i need to buy streamer too which will cost around 50k atleast
This setup is out of my budget
Emotiva BasX series are into budget & not price hungry thus they would easily cost less then 50 k , below is link to understand price for it.

Last edited:
also consider the Denon DRA-800H. Hifimart had a good deal on it last month and this will free up much of your 2 lac budget for speakers.

You can get a good setup at this budget. With a similar budget I would have shortlisted the following

Speaker
i) Wharfedale Evo 4.2 ~74k
ii) Dynaudio Emit M20 ~75-78k
iii) Elac Unifi UB5 - (Should be in a similar price range)
Of these i own the M20 and find it to be a really nice pair of bookshelves with a detailed sound signature with lush vocals and not very aggresive in presentation (would not call it it laidback either, lies somewhere just at the right place for me)

Amplifier
i) Audiolab 6000a -70-75k
ii) Rega Brio/Elex -75k / 1.1L
iii) Marantz PM8006 - 80k
iv) Denon DRA-800H - 65k ( if you want a network receiver w/ streamer functionality)

Speaker Stands
SoundFoundation Stands ~15-20k

Cables/Interconnects ~ 3-5k (can go lower or higher depending on what you choose)

The BasX series starts at roughly 55k(website prices) for the A300 and a budget streamer would cost you about 40-60k , so theoeretically it still can be considered in your budget of 2L.

You can get a good setup at this budget. With a similar budget I would have shortlisted the following

Speaker
i) Wharfedale Evo 4.2 ~74k
ii) Dynaudio Emit M20 ~75-78k
iii) Elac Unifi UB5 - (Should be in a similar price range)
Of these i own the M20 and find it to be a really nice pair of bookshelves with a detailed sound signature with lush vocals and not very aggresive in presentation (would not call it it laidback either, lies somewhere just at the right place for me)

Amplifier
i) Audiolab 6000a -70-75k
ii) Rega Brio/Elex -75k / 1.1L
iii) Marantz PM8006 - 80k
iv) Denon DRA-800H - 65k ( if you want a network receiver w/ streamer functionality)

Speaker Stands
SoundFoundation Stands ~15-20k

Cables/Interconnects ~ 3-5k (can go lower or higher depending on what you choose)

The BasX series starts at roughly 55k(website prices) for the A300 and a budget streamer would cost you about 40-60k , so theoeretically it still can be considered in your budget of 2L.
Thank you sir for your support
I am leaning towards wharfedale evo 4.2
Which one of these amp sound good with evo
Yamaha r n803 or denon dra 800

The Wharfedale apparently require a good amount of power to go full throttle in dynamics. If you read across the forum then you can see that Audiolab 6000a is one of the recommended amp for the wharfedale , however i feel going with a pre-power combo would serve you better for the wharfedale. You can reach out to Hifimart and they would be able to recommend some good amps for the same.

Hello everyone
I need some suggestions regarding integrated amp and speaker which i have already shortlisted :
1. Marantz pm7000n
2. Yamaha rn803
Speakers:
1. Klipsch 600m
2. Wharfedale evo 4.2
Sent PM.

Thank you sir for your support
I am leaning towards wharfedale evo 4.2
Which one of these amp sound good with evo
Yamaha r n803 or denon dra 800
I have tried a brand new Yamaha RN803 with Dynaudio M20 and found it to be a bit lean, dry and thin. Since Yamaha has a slightly sparkly and hot top end, it should be better with the warm Wharfdales. For a better overall sonic experience, I would go in for Audiolab amp/ streamer and Dynaudio M20 speakers. You can get your own stands made for much cheaper. Basic Chord (UK) brand 16 awg speaker wire ~ 120₹/ meter sings very well with M20 and Audiolab.

Just my 2 cents. After living with the marantzs and wharfedale sound for years with different models, I moved to the AL6000a and concept 20s. The AL6000a is a better amp in terms of overall presentation as per my musical preferences when compared to the marantz models I have tried in the past. Given you want a streamer and an amp I would suggest you go with the AL series (if your initial 3 choices are to be considered), like @Mayank Shah I find the Yamahas a bit bright in the top and boomy in the low frequencies. If I have to compare the three house sounds - I would say AL. I have experience with rn603 and pm6006 which might be closer to the sound of the models you have mentioned.
**I have no experience with the streamer of AL - so can't comment there.

In terms of speakers -Evo 4.2s are being presented with the AL6000 in many AV shows, so there might be some pre-matched harmony there, them being the children of the same parents. The pre-out on the the Amp should cover your future needs if you plan to go for a power amp eventually.

Hello everyone
1. Marantz pm7000n
2. Yamaha rn803
Speakers:
1. Klipsch 600m
2. Wharfedale evo 4.2
you may also consider the KEF Q350s and the Quad S2s. The Quad S2s are far superior to the Evo 4.2s in stereo imaging, detail retrieval, mid range tonality and voices . The Wharfedales are better if you want to go louder with more bass. But if bass depth and scale are a consideration with a large soundstage, i would advise you to go with the KEF Q350s which achieve what the Evos do at 20k less. This is what i have observed after living with these speakers for several months.

Hello everyone
1. Marantz pm7000n
2. Yamaha rn803
Speakers:
1. Klipsch 600m
2. Wharfedale evo 4.2

Hi Aayush,

Equipment which you have shortlisted are pretty varied in the sound presentation. I wouks suggest that you start with the speaker as this has the most impact of the overall sound presentation and then work backwards to you amp, source and so on. Your speaker choice should be based on the sound presentation that you like - bright, detailed and forward OR laid-back, warm and non-fatiguing.

Klipsch 600 series are horn- loaded speakers. They would be bright unless paired with Tube amps or lush sounding amps like Rega. I would not pair them with any of the amps in your shortlist if you like a balanced presentation. These speakers are also bass-light.

In my experience, Evo speakers need a good quality, high power amplification - minimum of 100W of Class AB power. Otherwise they sound dull and flat. They seem picky in terms of amp partnering. Of all the amps in your shortlist, Audiolab 6000N might be a decent match. Marantz and Evo are not a good match based on some of my recent tests.

Don't want to confuse you, you should consider a few other bookshelf speakers such as QAcoustics 3030i, Elac Debut B6.2, Mission QX2, JBL Stage A130, Wharfedale 225. These are easy to match, more fun sounding and suit a wide variety of music and listening preferences.

Hi Aayush,

Equipment which you have shortlisted are pretty varied in the sound presentation. I wouks suggest that you start with the speaker as this has the most impact of the overall sound presentation and then work backwards to you amp, source and so on. Your speaker choice should be based on the sound presentation that you like - bright, detailed and forward OR laid-back, warm and non-fatiguing.

Klipsch 600 series are horn- loaded speakers. They would be bright unless paired with Tube amps or lush sounding amps like Rega. I would not pair them with any of the amps in your shortlist if you like a balanced presentation. These speakers are also bass-light.

In my experience, Evo speakers need a good quality, high power amplification - minimum of 100W of Class AB power. Otherwise they sound dull and flat. They seem picky in terms of amp partnering. Of all the amps in your shortlist, Audiolab 6000N might be a decent match. Marantz and Evo are not a good match based on some of my recent tests.

Don't want to confuse you, you should consider a few other bookshelf speakers such as QAcoustics 3030i, Elac Debut B6.2, Mission QX2, JBL Stage A130, Wharfedale 225. These are easy to match, more fun sounding and suit a wide variety of music and listening preferences.
Thank you for your response sir
How about elac b6.2 and wharfedale diamond 11.2
With yamaha r n803

Thank you for your response sir
How about elac b6.2 and wharfedale diamond 11.2
With yamaha r n803

I have heard the Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 with Yamaha RN602 not Elac Debut. But it should be a good combination

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back