Need suggestions to upgrade my front speakers for onkyo ht3300

rajelectron

Hi everyone,

i am completely newbie here,i need suggestions to upgrade my front speakers for onkyo ht3300 HTIB.the front speakers came with onkyo ht3300 HTIB are very week so i wanna upgrade these speakers

I have following thinks in my mind
Book shelf speakers vs floor standing speakers which one is best for music & movies?
what are the factors i need to consider to get best output from front speakers with my onkyo receiver(HT-380)?
I considering poineer andrew jones SP-FS52 floor standing speaker and polk TSX220B book shelf speakers which are having very good review,please feel free to suggest better than these models if any

Thanks,
Rajesh

Last edited:
As a thumb-rule bookshelf speakers in the same budget will be better than floorstanders. Floorstanders have better bass response and depth due to their bigger cabinet and drivers, but your system already has a subwoofer to take care of the low frequencies.
Let us know your budget and purpose, if the room is not really big you are better off buying quality bookshelves, and your receiver will drive them better than floorstanders.

Hi everyone,

i am completely newbie here,i need suggestions to upgrade my front speakers for onkyo ht3300 HTIB.the front speakers came with onkyo ht3300 HTIB are very week so i wanna upgrade these speakers

I have following thinks in my mind
Book shelf speakers vs floor standing speakers which one is best for music & movies?
what are the factors i need to consider to get best output from front speakers with my onkyo receiver(HT-380)?
I considering poineer andrew jones SP-FS52 floor standing speaker and polk TSX220B book shelf speakers which are having very good review,please feel free to suggest better than these models if any

Thanks,
Rajesh

onkyo's HTIB are budget system hence in my opinion spending a lot on speakers or maybe almost the price of the HTIB itself does not makes sense..

whats the budget ? and BS will be more suited for the same.
look for used BS in budget..

Last edited:
My Budget is less than 15K-20K and room dimensions are 10'x11' room .........pls suggest any BS speaker compatible with my onkyo HT-380..........what are the factors i need to consider before buying them?
even am planning to upgrade to new AV receiver in future so the BS speakers should be powerful enough for both watching movies and listening to music

Last edited:
After so many research i have bioled down to buy book shelf speakers.i have two models in my mind one is ELAC BS53.2 which has 4ohms impudance comes around 18000/- and another model is Polk TSX220B which cost around 20000/-

Pls help me to choose and let me know ur opinions if anyone using these speakers,pls feel free to suggest if any other model better than these....
Here goes the more technical details:
ELAC BS53.2:
Height x width x depth : 285 170 235 mm
Weight : 5.5 kg
Type : 2-way, bassreflex
Woofer : 1 145 mm cone
Tweeter : 1 25 mm dome
Crossover frequency : 2,200 Hz
Frequency range (IEC 268-5) : 46 ... 25,000 Hz
Sensitivity : 87 dB / 2.83 V / m
Suitable for amplifiers : 4 ... 8 ?
Recommended amplifier power : 20 - 120 W / channel
Nominal/peak power handling : 50 / 70 W
Nominal impedance : 4 ?
Minimum impedance : 3.7 ? / 210 Hz

POLK TSX220B:
Type : Bookshelf
Configuration : 2-Way
Drivers : 25mm HF, 165mm LF
Sensitivity : 90dB
Impedance : 8 ohms
Frequency Response : 42 - 25 kHz
Power Handling : 125W
Dimensions (H x W x D) : 350 x 203 x 330 mm
Weight : 6 kg
Finishes : Cherry, Black

Thanks
Raj.

Hifimart has Boston Acoustcs A26 for 13900 on sale. I just bought it and so did lot of forum members . Check it out if it suits you. It sounds great overall.

Today i went to audition with my Onkyo(RS-380)Amplifier to DNI Home theatre solution (banglore) i tried multiple speaker with my AMP(played hotel california song in FLAC version in below speakers)

1. Pioneer SP-FS52 Andrew Jones Designed Floor Standing Loudspeaker:
Very impressive Highs and mids but less BASS(am not bothered since i already have subwoofer which can handle Low frequencies).

2. ELAC BS53.2:
Highs and Mids are Ok but not satisfied compared to above Pioneer SP-FS52 spaekers

I have asked the demo for BA A26 book shelf speakers but unfortunatly this model is not available with them, will try with another show rooms if any(refer if any known showrooms where i can get demo for BA A26 book shelf speakers)

it's creating more confusion now whether i need to go for book shelf or floor standig ?....since Pioneer SP-FS52-spekers are really impressive at this time for my ears compared to other book shelf at my budget(tried some other book shelf models of Boston Acoustic and ELAC,focus..etc ...with my amp) ..... :(

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back