Need to change my AVR

parambir

Hello,

I have Yamaha rx-V671 and a 7.1 setup with Minix Neo U1. Let me be honest... I love the look and feel of the Yamaha AVR. I am looking for a change. I want a 7.1 with 4K passthrough. What do you all suggest?

Terms of reference - I am looking for a pre-owned from a reliable source coz I dont want to spend more than 25K. And I would prefer a Yamaha.

Thanks

Thats marantz slim line series. It was not very successful. How is Denon X2000? I see you have x3000

I havent heard nr series from marantz but the sr series are great. Denon x3000 is a top notch receiver when it comes to sound quality. It soumds like an high end receiver. I never used the bluetooth, 4k and other connectivity gimmicks.
Basically iam not into atmos or dts x as it need some excellent room acpustics and setup. So decided to setup a 7.2 channel at its best.
I actually choose this receiver based on the below 4 factors,
Sound quality
Power
Audyssey multieq xt
2 sub pre outs

So i would suggest you to buy receiver based on power, room correction capability and sound quality.

Sincere advice.

If your Yamaha is working fine, let it be. Don't mess with it.

Never try to fix what need not be fixed. :)

What you are saying is true. However the need is for upgrading to get a 4K passthrough receiver which is soon going to be the need of the hour.

Hi,

There are FMs here who use NR series with Dali 7 speakers....it is a good avr in a slim form factor.

I have used 3 different models in the past.

End of the day it is upto personal choices and requirements!

Sincere advice.

If your Yamaha is working fine, let it be. Don't mess with it.

Never try to fix what need not be fixed. :)
I agree with this. What is the reason you are looking for change?

I agree with this. What is the reason you are looking for change?

Couple of reasons. .. dont know how valid they are. Firstly today I am getting a good deal on my Yamaha. So if it goes it contributes to my next yamaha. Secondly minix feeds 4k and I might be picking up a 4k tv too. So all in all I feel a change is required. Yes I know 4k content is not round the corner. That is something not in my control. I can be ready for it though.

4K content is definitely around the corner. It may not take a turn soon! :)

You need to really look at your front speakers and subwoofer before the AVR! Just to enjoy 4K video, you don't have to upgrade AVR. You can send video directly to 4K TV and audio to AVR via SPDIF.

However, if you want to enjoy Master-HD, Atmos, DTS-X, TrueHD audio formats, which are found in some Blu-Rays then you need to upgrade AVR.

Aha... This is exactly what I have been asking in a different post of mine. Why can't I use hdmi splitter with one in and two out. One out goes to tv and other to avr.

Hmm. If you mean you are selling off the rx v671 and getting another Yamaha to upgrade,
then your budget isn't even close to cutting it. A true valid upgrade would be the Aventage series from Yamaha. If not can't you simply get an HDMI splitter and route it to 4k tv?

Now you guys are talking. This is exactly what I want to know. Has anyone used this method to route 4k feed to hdmi splitter capable of 4k and split it to tv and avr. Tv plays video and avr the audio. But I am concerned of any delays or out of sync audio.

Couple of reasons. .. dont know how valid they are. Firstly today I am getting a good deal on my Yamaha. So if it goes it contributes to my next yamaha. Secondly minix feeds 4k and I might be picking up a 4k tv too. So all in all I feel a change is required. Yes I know 4k content is not round the corner. That is something not in my control. I can be ready for it though.

This is the story of 90% of the members on this forum, I guess.

This is the story of 90% of the members on this forum, I guess.
LOL! I work in the Movie industry doing post production. From what i gather, Next year on we will all be working with 4k resolutions. I think Television is the slowest adopter of these techs.

LOL! I work in the Movie industry doing post production. From what i gather, Next year on we will all be working with 4k resolutions. I think Television is the slowest adopter of these techs.

Hence the decision to take the leap...

Now you guys are talking. This is exactly what I want to know. Has anyone used this method to route 4k feed to hdmi splitter capable of 4k and split it to tv and avr. Tv plays video and avr the audio. But I am concerned of any delays or out of sync audio.

I use an HDMI splitter to split the signals coming from receiver between TV and Projector. There is no delay at all.

Oh okay. So by when should we start seeing a lot of 4k stuff, that should force us to upgrade?

MaSh

I use an HDMI splitter to split the signals coming from receiver between TV and Projector. There is no delay at all.

Oh okay. So by when should we start seeing a lot of 4k stuff, that should force us to upgrade?

MaSh
And we are talking of 4K here?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back