Need to setup Home Theater, Please guide

Jai

Hello everyone,

I have gone through some threads in this forum about home theaters but I am confused, maybe because I am totally new to this home theater segment. So I thought of asking knowledgeable people here while I get familiar to stuff available here.

I am looking for setting up a home theater which I can use for music, video playing, playing my gaming consoles (ps3 & xbox 360). I have Sony Bravia EX720 series 46 inch 3D LED TV, if it help. My budget is in two slabs -1) upto 1.5 lacs. & 2) upto 2.5 lacs. In both slabs 10-15k updown is okie.

I am also thinking of adjusting a projector in this setup which I can use to stream my video from TV and still using my home theater setup for sound output. I am already having a NEC projector which is 2 years old (dont remember the model number right now though, will tell later).

So please assist and guide. I am from Delhi

Thanks and Regards
Jai

EDIT 1

It seems I was a bit ambiguous in my original post and I also missed out the room size. By slabs I meant I am looking for two setups with one of upto Rs. 1.5 lacs and the other upto Rs. 2.5 lacs. I would be using same setup for music,movies,etc.

Room size is 18x12 feets.

My projector model is NEC VT580. I want to use my projector for projecting my TV HD output also in addition to playing videos through disc player and I dont think that my current projector is capable of HD display thats why I asked for suggestions on projector too.

For acoustics I dont know I need it or not (I know what acoustics is) but if its needed, it has to fall in the same budget. I also want my Home theater setup to be able to play divx,xvid,mp3 and other formats.

Last edited:
hi jai,

could you please share some more details with us;

1) size of the room and any details like windows, staircases etc

2) will acoustic treaatment be required?will it be included in this budget?

3)will you use the same setup for music?

4)please explain the "slabs" of your budget? do you mean that you have sep. budgets for electronics and speakers? or that youre either going to spend 1.5 or 2.5 lakhs?

i also live in delhi, so im looking forward to helping you, and then maybe 'testing" out your new system :)

on a side note, do you play black ops on your ps3? would you like to play online with me?

--dhruv

Dear Jai,
You can also drop down at our showroom in Lajpat Nagar 2, wherein we can sit down and decide on a setup for you within your budget. Also you can have demo of a projection sytem along with Nad electronics and Psb speakers. Give us a call to fix up an appointment for you.

Thanks and regards
Ashish

Thanks for all your replies.

It seems I was a bit ambiguous in my original post and I also missed out the room size. By slabs I meant I am looking for two setups with one of upto Rs. 1.5 lacs and the other upto Rs. 2.5 lacs. I would be using same setup for music,movies,etc.

Room size is 18x12 feets.

My projector model is NEC VT580. I want to use my projector for projecting my TV HD output also in addition to playing videos through disc player and I dont think that my current projector is capable of HD display thats why I asked for suggestions on projector too.

For acoustics I dont know I need it or not (I know what acoustics is) but if its needed, it has to fall in the same budget. I also want my Home theater setup to be able to play divx,xvid,mp3 and other formats.

Thanks & Regards
Jai

are they both going to be in the same room?

for 2.5 lakhs, i suggest
-marantz sr6005 avr rs50,000( this avr has great control and detail. they also have enough power to drive high powered speakers.

-monitor audio rx6 for fronts rs 75,000 (these speakers are also really really detailed and perfect formovies. they can however sound a bit bright for music when paired with some amps.

-matching monitor audio surrounds rs 40,000(not sure of the model)

-matching centre rs 30,000(same)

-speaker stands for surrounds rs 12,000

-cables, interconnects, accessories- rs 20,000

HIFI AMPLIFIER very important, i absolutely loved the tx6's when i heard them with this one-- audio analogue puccini. reallly makes the speakers sing. rs 40,000 when bought abroad.

bd disc and media centre- PS3 (eliminates the need for a separate media centre, and can play files through usb too.) rs 20,000

cd player under rs 30,000(not very informed about the same, but i guess a marantz would be good. someones also selling an arcam for about this much in the for sale forum.)

this would be about 2 lacs 75 thousand. these prices are to the best of my memory, nd will probably be lower.

this would, in my opinion be a sweeeeet system. i havent included a subwoofer as:
1) your budget doesnt permit
and
2) the fronts have enough thump for most users, and you can always pick one up in a year or so.

good luck
pm me of you have any questions :)

--dhruv

They both are not going in the same room. I will either shell out 1.5 or 2.5. Thanks for your prompt reply.

so out of the setup i suggested, do you already own anything? like a bd player, speaker stands etc. if you tell us, we can try to incorporate them into you system

:)

I just own a sony bravia 46 inch EX720 series TV, thats all. I am setting it for someone who will be joining me in 2 months time, I dont have a taste for music/movies and I also dont get time for it too.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back