Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 32 inch.. Pls pls plss provide input

stranger_33

Hi all fellow hifivision forum users, I am in a completely confused state of mind now.. I am in the market to buy an LCD television for my living room. I currently do not own any tv (neither CRT, nor anything else) and so want to get one asap... Now after reading a lot on this forum and doing my bit of research and browsing various stores, I had almost decided on the 32 inch Philips pfl5609 and was looking for a decent price on it as it was a bit over my budget.. and suddenly I came to know about an offer at eZone where if I use my credit card, I get 10% discount on any purchase upto Rs. 50,000 and so I decided to visit eZone store. eZone didn't have the Philips pfl5609 model, and so I decided to look at other models.. I looked at the Samsung B450 and B530, and was impressed with the B530 (I saw both FHD and SD content on it). But since I am at a very novice level in terms of knowing about the LCD technology, and what to look for and what not, I would really appreciate if you all can help me decide on whether this is a good buy a not.. I am getting a price of Rs. 36,500 for the samsung B530 and there is a free digi cam with it.. and then I will get a 10% discount on this price, which means that the LCD will cost me Rs. 32,850.. is this a good deal for this tv?

Please do provide any input you can as it will be of great help. And the 10% discount offer is only till 22nd Jan, so I will have to decide very quickly on this.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Re: Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 32 inch.. Pls pls plss provide inpu

No one willing to help?? Spiro, Adder, Blasto, Madbullaram, other helpful forum users??? Pls provide some input

Re: Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 32 inch.. Pls pls plss provide inpu

32,850 is a very good deal for 32b530...

The forum members have preferred phillips 5609 over this model..
but samsung surely comes out as next option..

if the difference is say 4-5K.. go for samsung.. recently one of my friend got it for 34K and is very happy with the performance of this LCD.. It lacks USB movie playback..PQ is comparable to phillips..

Hi Alok, thanks for your input.. I think I was told that this LCD has a USB input.. will it not play movies out of USB??

^You could only play music and browse pictures through the USB port, no movies :(

Haven't seen the Philips yet, but I've got the 40" version of the B530 and I'm loving it.

oh.. this is not a good news :(.. I was excited for the fact that I will copy HD movies from my laptop to my USB drive (I have a 16 gb USB drive) and will watch it on the LCD without needing a blue ray player..

Are there any considerable advantages that Sammy 32B530 has over Philips 32PFL5609?

the samsung B530 is indeed good u can't go wrong with it,see if u can get the sony 32V550A,since the W550A itself now costs 44k from the earlier 60k.
the 32V550A used to cost 45k no idea how much it costs now,this is slightly better.the sonys can only play limited amount of video formats like mpeg1 haven't checked them yet.

stranger,

None of 32 inch tvs play HD movies via USB..
Even phillips 5609 can not play HD movies via USB..
It only plays SD divx..

sony 32V550A is about 37-38K when i last checked..

The deal you are getting for samsung is very good.. later you can buy an external media player (WDTV etc) for about 6-7 K..it can play a variety of FullHD/HD/SD movie formats via USB flash/hard-disks..

Hi Adder, I was quoted 42k for the Sony V550A which looked strange to me as the W550 was available for 44k.. and so I didn't give it any consideration.

Alok, when I saw the Philips 32PFL5609 in Croma, the sales guy told me that the tv will play HD movies straight out of USB... and I think I have read it in Spiro's detailed comments as well that Philips will play HD content and Blueray content out of USB..

Spiro bro, any comment on this?

Secondly, any thoughts on after sales service of Samsung vs. Philips? And any final verdict on what to buy, Philips 32PFL5609 at Rs. 37,000 or Sammy 32B530 at Rs. 32,850?

Thanks again guys for helping me out on this.

the after sales of samsung is definetly much better then philips.

Thanks again adder.. any any final verdict on which one to choose? Would really appreciate your advise.. and of all the other fellow forum users

Please reply someone as I only have time till tomorrow to avail the 10% discount offer.. I am not being a nagging person, but just want some help as I am very new to buying a LCD tv.

Hi all fellow hifivision forum users, I am in a completely confused state of mind now.. I am in the market to buy an LCD television for my living room. I currently do not own any tv (neither CRT, nor anything else) and so want to get one asap... Now after reading a lot on this forum and doing my bit of research and browsing various stores, I had almost decided on the 32 inch Philips pfl5609 and was looking for a decent price on it as it was a bit over my budget.. and suddenly I came to know about an offer at eZone where if I use my credit card, I get 10% discount on any purchase upto Rs. 50,000 and so I decided to visit eZone store. eZone didn't have the Philips pfl5609 model, and so I decided to look at other models.. I looked at the Samsung B450 and B530, and was impressed with the B530 (I saw both FHD and SD content on it). But since I am at a very novice level in terms of knowing about the LCD technology, and what to look for and what not, I would really appreciate if you all can help me decide on whether this is a good buy a not.. I am getting a price of Rs. 36,500 for the samsung B530 and there is a free digi cam with it.. and then I will get a 10% discount on this price, which means that the LCD will cost me Rs. 32,850.. is this a good deal for this tv?

Please do provide any input you can as it will be of great help. And the 10% discount offer is only till 22nd Jan, so I will have to decide very quickly on this.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Are you saying that you are getting the 32B530 AND a handycam for 32,850? Just run to the shop and book it before it goes away..
Sony/Philips etc are good but none can beat this at the price you are getting.

Also check if the 5609 plays HD (which I dont think it will). Even then at 5k more and without the handycam, Its not a good deal..

Also, Try to avoid croma and ask for quotes from other dealers.. Atleast in hyd, croma has the HIGHEST prices..

Good luck.

stranger,

I am pretty sure phillips doesn't play HD via USB.. (it plays only SD divx)..sales guy was fooling you..

for playing movies from your laptop you can connect it via VGA cable.. i have tried this on my friend's 32B530.. it was dell vostro laptop with winXP.. TV was showing FullHD resolution and the movie playback was reasonably good..

Thanks again adder.. any any final verdict on which one to choose? Would really appreciate your advise.. and of all the other fellow forum users

you can't go wrong with the samsung B530 .

Thanks Blasto, Alok and Adder.

Blasto, its not a handy cam.. its a digi cam.. a Samsung digicam.. and from what I know about digicams, no body buys Samsung as it has crappy lens and so for me the digi cam is hardly worth Rs. 1500. I asked the store to keep the camera and give me atleast Rs. 1500 off the final price but the manager didn't agree.. and surprisingly stores like Vijay Sales, Sumaria, Croma, eZone, and many small shops are not carrying the Philips LCD.. Infact I was only able to find the PFL5609/5409 at Croma.. I don't know the reason for this.. but I speculate that this could either be that Philips LCD's don't sell much or the margins might be too less for stores to keep it.

I went to do a 2nd test to Vijay sales today, and saw the 32B530 there.. it was quoted at a higher price, but one thing I noticed was that the SD content was very reddish.. I mean the skin tone was really reddish on lots of channels I tried.. even HD content looked a bit reddish.. I saw the LG, Toshiba and Sony playing the same content next to the Sammy of all those models were showing life-like pics.. is this due to the settings? and can this be adjusted once the LCD is brought home?

I plan to get Airtel connection as Tata Sky is charging way too much connection fees and all.. and the SD content I saw was on Airtel connection only... so I guess I will be getting the same kind of resolution and clarity..

I wanted to do a final comparison between Philips pfl5609 and Samsung B530 next to each other, but didn't get time to go to Croma and so couldn't do this.. and I have to decide by tomorrow to avail the offer on Sammy, so don't think I will be able to do this comparison..

---------------

Last edited:

----------

Last edited:

Vijaysales use either composite OR even RF(THANA) conection splited across all LCDs, Croma (mulund) uses componet for all LCDs which help me to choose Philips5609.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back