Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 32 inch.. Pls pls plss provide input

Re: Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 32 inch.. Pls pls plss provide inpu

Hi Spiro.. hw are you bro?? What do u suggest for the Sammy 32B530 at Rs. 32,850?? Is this a good price according to you?

And since you own the Philips pfl5609.. does it play HD movies straight out of USB?

Re: Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 32 inch.. Pls pls plss provide inpu

for the Sammy 32B530 at Rs. 32,850?? Is this a good price according to you?

And since you own the Philips pfl5609.. does it play HD movies straight out of USB?

Mumbai prices are always higher than rest.Though price is good,try getting for 32k, OR any free gift etc.
No HD via USB(mkv).I didnt try Divx HD.One thing I can tell you,I was never after HD via USB as I watch DVDs OR mkvrip which has 5.1sound which is not possible to get from LCD.
Still you can PM me a link of short HD Divx/Xvid clip which I can try for you.:)

Hi Spiro.. hw are you bro?? What do u suggest for the Sammy 32B530 at Rs. 32,850?? Is this a good price according to you?

I have Philips pfl5609 for last 20 days, can surely say that i doesn't play HD content through USB in any format, I have tried all. SD of any size has no problem (Divx, Xvid, avi, rm, mp4, etc.). Price of LCD is 32-33K at philips authorized dealers (you can find the address on philips website). Croma prices are 3-4K higher.

Hi Kaggarwal, how do you like this tv?? do you have a 32 inch one? and did you do a comparision between Sammy 32B530 and Philips 32pfl5609 before buying??

I couldn't find the Philips main shop number on their website.. so I will call the call center to find out.. on the retail stores list on Philips website, all the retailers such as Vijay Sales, Kohinoor and all others are mentioned but surprisingly none of them had philips LCD.. all they had was Philips home theatres..

Please provide your input on what to do in my case?

Thanks

I went to do a 2nd test to Vijay sales today, and saw the 32B530 there.. it was quoted at a higher price, but one thing I noticed was that the SD content was very reddish.. I mean the skin tone was really reddish on lots of channels I tried.. even HD content looked a bit reddish.. I saw the LG, Toshiba and Sony playing the same content next to the Sammy of all those models were showing life-like pics.. is this due to the settings? and can this be adjusted once the LCD is brought home?

yes the settings can be adjusted to make the skin tone look better.the samsung perhaps was set to warm3 under color tone options u get cool,neutral,warm1,warm2,warm3.

I finally decided to go for Sammy 32B530... I went to Croma in Nariman point today to do a final evaluation.. I saw Airtel SD content on both Philips and Samsung.. and found Samsung to be slightly better (although a bit reddish).. then I asked the guy to play some HD content on both.. but since he didn't have any HD content.. he instead played a regular DVD (Titanic).. I saw the scene when the ship Titanic just hits the iceberg.. I could easily see the black sea and white iceberg.. and the depth colors.. and I found that the Sammy was displaying more richer black and white, maybe due to higher contrast ratio (60,000 vs. 50,000 in philips) or maybe due to my eyes.. then I asked the sales guy to increase volume to full on both LCD's one by one... and I found the volume on philips much much lower than that on Sammy.. and since I don't have a HT, I will be relying on the LCD sound until I manage to set aside some money to buy a decent HT.. and finally, Croma wasn't willing to reduce the price of the tv any bit from the 36,990.. and Philips arena offered me this tv at 36,000 when I called them... and I was getting the Sammy for 3k cheaper than this and that too along with a free digi-cam so I decided to go for Sammy...

Now the LCD wasn't available with eZone (except the display model) and so they have promised to deliver it to me within 7 days.. I did some search on internet about eZone and found lots of people complaining that eZone never delivered their product on specified time.. so I am hoping that it doesn't happen to me and I do get my LCD within 7 days.. as I currently don't have any tv and so can't enjoy any programs..

By the way, how do I check on my Sammy once it is delivered to see if I am not given a display model.. is there any way I can find that out? I have read the topic regarding this, and I will try to look closely at the wall mount holes and all.. but can anyone tell me what is the lock code and sequence for Sammy 32B530 which I can use and find out how many hours my tv has been run so far..

Thanks again guys for all your help and input.. I hope I have made the right decision.

Thanks again Spiro.. and thanks everyone else who helped me finalize on this model as well as helped me increase my knowledge on LCD tv.

Spiro bro, will this code that you gave me for B650 work on the B530 model as well?? and once I try the code, will my settings change completely? and is there anything that I need to avoid after I try the code so that my LCD's colors are not damaged.

And any input on eZone's after purchase deliveries and after sales service?

Thanks again.

Thanks again Spiro.. and thanks everyone else who helped me finalize on this model as well as helped me increase my knowledge on LCD tv.

Spiro bro, will this code that you gave me for B650 work on the B530 model as well?? and once I try the code, will my settings change completely? and is there anything that I need to avoid after I try the code so that my LCD's colors are not damaged.

And any input on eZone's after purchase deliveries and after sales service?

Thanks again.

Congrats on your decision..
Next week will be hard time waiting for the TV.. :eek:hyeah:

Got my refrigerator today.. I hope that I get the LCD sometime this week..

Re: Need urgent Help on deciding abt Samsung B530 46 inch.. Pls pls plss provide inpu

Hi,

I'm evaluating a 46" full HD replacement for my LG 37" HD ready LCD. got a quotation yesterday for about 66k for the 46" B530 in thane incl deliver & wallmount.

is this a good deal? could not really evaluate the tv in both the showrooms that I went to since they were using crappy sources

I will be using a Bluray HTPC, Tatasky+ and a PS3 as sources and this will go in my study where we watch at a distance of about 8-9 feet. (this is not for my main home theatre)

Any comments on the TV model itself? and the price? I can wait if you will prices will head significantly southwards in the new features?

any other models I shoule evaluate? (budget will be a constraint!)

cheers

Kapil

Hi Kapil, sorry for the late reply as I was out of town. Yaar, you are asking all these techie questions to a wrong guy.. as there are tons and tons of experts on this forum who can give you much better and elaborative advise.. and trust me, they really know their stuff..

I got delivery of my Samsung B530 y'day :yahoo: My initial reaction was that the skin tone colours are a bit reddish.. but there are zillions of setting options in the tv.. like tint setting, white balance setting, gamma setting, and all the other normal settings like brightness, sharpness, backlight, etc.. So I am sure that once I strike a balance between the right settings, I will be happy with the output. By the way, anybody who has this LCD (32 inch Samsung B530 FHD tv) has tried any calibration settings? If yes, can you please share them with me and I will use them on my LCD.

After the Samsung guy who came to give demo unpacked my LCD, I paid close attention to wall mount holes, or packing, and it all looked fresh i.e. no scratches near wall mount holes or not a single scratch or finger print on the screen.. so atleast the initial look proves that it is a fresh piece and not a display one.. but how do I try the lock code to see how many hours my tv has been run.. and what lock code to use? I just want to double check and make sure I haven't got a display piece..

Thanks again guys for all your help. And pls help me a little more in calibrating my set to get best PQ.. Thanks you all. GOD Bless.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back