Need urgent suggestions

sriramdh

Hello,

I'm passing through UAE and saw the following options for a basic HT

Denon AVR 1513 + pure acoustics lord (never heard of pure acoustics before)
Onkyo HTS 4505/3500
Harman AVR 158 + JBL SCS 140

I have listened to the 3500 as well as the Harman 134 + SCS 140 combo in India and both are good with the harman having an advantage. I do not know much about the rest & i do not have the option of a trial here.

Owners of these systems or those who would like to give me some advice will be given a big high 5 :)

Just to add..my usage will be split between HD tv viewing, movies thru blueray/DVD, music from ipod/radio & gaming on the PS3

please steer away from HK receivers...........for AVRs you want to stick with Denon, Marantz, Onkyo and Yamaha. Instead of going for a budget HTIB system like Onkyo HT-S3500, suggest to go for a good AVR + 5.1 satellite speaker system, if budget permits.

you can easily go with denon 1513....with some speakers like wharfedale,paradigm,polk...many..etc.budget will be high but solid system.
sorry i never heard of pureacoustics..ignore my ignorance

please steer away from HK receivers...........for AVRs you want to stick with Denon, Marantz, Onkyo and Yamaha. Instead of going for a budget HTIB system like Onkyo HT-S3500, suggest to go for a good AVR + 5.1 satellite speaker system, if budget permits.

I've seen HK being mentioned my many members in some earlier posts. But nowadays only Yam/Denon/Onkyo names are heard. Can you please clarify why do you advise to stay away from HK?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back