Need Water Pump Advice and Precautions for AV equipment

haisaikat

Need advice on water pump selection and its possible impact on AV equipments

First on the pump
My house is 3 storeyed and the pump will be placed in the 1st floor while the corporation water reservoir is at the ground floor. We intend to place a 700 litre syntex/patton tank on the roof of the 2nd floor (can be considered as the base of 3rd floor). The vertical height from reservoir to pump is around 16 feet and from pump to the water tank on the roof it will be another 26 feet. However the pipes will not be straight and including bends the total length is expected to be around 50 feet from reservoir to roof-top tank via the pump.

So my first question is will a 1 HP pump be better fit or an overkill. Second, I have been advised on two categories of pumps, namely BEE Pumps which have separate motor and pump joined using coupler and the other type is Mono pumps which is all in one device sort and costs lesser. The school of thoughts are divided, one group says that BEE pumps are more versatile and durable and can be serviced in emergency situation by even local technicians / plumbers and on the other hand Mono pumps have to be serviced by company people specifically and service can be an issue if something happen over weekend. However one plus that I was told for Mono is that it is much more silent than a BEE (seperates) pump. So confused, and need advice.

Second on Precautions for AV equipments
Our current pump is a 0.75 HP seperate motor separate pump kind of equipment running for the last 30 years with one change of motor in the recent past. But it creates hell lot of sound pollution and also induces vibration on floors, since it is ground floor, the vibrations are not so prominent in the 1st floor. But now my concern is that if the new pump is hosted in the 1st floor itself where I also have all the AV equipments (in my signature) placed, will there be any chance of damage to the AV equipments due to induced vibrations on the floor when the pump is running?

1 HP mono-pump is more than sufficient. Mono-pump construction and performance have evolved over time, they are very silent and efficient as well. Do make sure that the water suction inlet is provided with a good quality spring loaded one-way check-valve, so that the back flow of water is effectively stopped when the pump is shut.

A separate electrical point, and preferably a different electrical line for the pump is what you should aim for. No 'interferences' with the AV Hi Fi too. These are AC motors, so no sweat.

1 HP mono-pump is more than sufficient. Mono-pump construction and performance have evolved over time, they are very silent and efficient as well. Do make sure that the water suction inlet is provided with a good quality spring loaded one-way check-valve, so that the back flow of water is effectively stopped when the pump is shut.

Any advice on the servicing needs? In emergency?

A separate electrical point, and preferably a different electrical line for the pump is what you should aim for. No 'interferences' with the AV Hi Fi too. These are AC motors, so no sweat.

Will do so. Physical vibrataions is also important, any suggestions on how to reduce that, I am also worried for that impact on AV equipments

No service needs. If kept in a dry space, nothing goes wrong. If there is any coil burn-up due to some electrical outrages (rare), then, your local electrical guy can do the re-winding. No big deal here. Else, if some serious damage has happened, go buy a new one. Should cost within 3K 'moderate' branded.

Hardly any physical vibrations encountered IF level is properly maintained while installation. You may also place the pump on 2 bricks loose. ;)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back