Need your expertise in deciding for a Home Theatre

neeraj.panday

Hello Experts,

I joined this Forum few days back with intension of getting to know the Home Theatre as i plan to set up a 5.1 home theatre in my living Room Area (11 feet Broad, 12 Feet Viewing Distance from viewing sofa) in new purchased house. My Budget is 50K but i can extend upto 70 K Max. :yahoo:

I have seen a few 5.1 surround demo and the one i kinda liked is DENON 1513 AVR with JAMO A102 Speakers and JAMO sub Woofer 210. Total is coming out to be 61K. :clapping:

Can you experts suggest if this is a good combination. Also, would any of you be able to recommend me a good 5.1 surround Home Theatre in the similar range? I will be completely relying on your expers opinions for feedback as i have no one i know who has any knowledge on Custom Surround home Theatres.. :sad:

I plan to install rear surround speakers on the ceiling wall behing my sofa. This is due to the fact that i have open passage area behind my seating sofa and there is no immediate wall behind sofa where i can hook up my surround speakers. :mad:

Anticipating your expert comments.

Many Thanks,
Neeraj.

70k is good budget. Suggest a good AVR + 5.1 speaker system.

AVR : Marantz, Denon, Onkyo
Speakers : Wharfedale, Jamo, Polk Audio, Mission, etc........

Have a look on hifimart and technoguru they have good deals there. Also always hear the system before you buy. Speakers sound different when paired with different receivers.

Both Denon & Jamo are great brands. If you liked them then there is no reason for not going with the combo. But if you want some more options then do listen to PolkAudio, Yamaha, and other popular brands. For rear surround you should get something from the same brand as your fronts and center or you can consider JBL control 1.

Thanks Aakashr & Koushik,

Your comments definitely gives me some confidence. The reason i started this thread is to validate my choice and get to know some other options that i might have on the table within my budget.

Another choice i was given by same vendor is to replace DENON 1513 with Sherwood RD 5405 AVR which brings down the total cost from 61K to 47K. Though i did not notice any degradation in surround sound, but that could be because of my little knowledge in customizing Equalizer Modes. Moreover, i did not see many Sherwood fans in this forum, so was wondering is it worth saving money and getting Sherwood instread of DENON..

Your expert comments/opinion please..

Thanks in advance,
Neeraj.

Thanks Aakashr & Koushik,

Your comments definitely gives me some confidence. The reason i started this thread is to validate my choice and get to know some other options that i might have on the table within my budget.

Another choice i was given by same vendor is to replace DENON 1513 with Sherwood RD 5405 AVR which brings down the total cost from 61K to 47K. Though i did not notice any degradation in surround sound, but that could be because of my little knowledge in customizing Equalizer Modes. Moreover, i did not see many Sherwood fans in this forum, so was wondering is it worth saving money and getting Sherwood instread of DENON..

Your expert comments/opinion please..

Thanks in advance,
Neeraj.

Please stay away from Sherwood.............Stick with Denon!!!

Please stay away from Sherwood.............Stick with Denon!!!
Yeah Aakashr, Sherwood is off the shelf now...

Actually i am zeroing on either DENON 1612 AVR with Polk Audio (L/C/R/Sub) and Wharfedale (Rear Surround) or Onkyo 3400 complete package. Your thoughts?? Which among these would you recommend?

Onkyo HT-S3400 is a great but obsolete HTIB system...........perfect for someone with a budget of 25k, even then I would suggest the current HT-S3500. Since your budget is higher I would omit these.
Denon and Polks go well together but why get the wharfs for surrounds, stick with polks for the entire 5.1 system with the exception of the sub which need not be polk. If you want to go with Wharfs then go with all the speakers of the same series and brand.

Yeah Aakashr, Sherwood is off the shelf now...

Actually i am zeroing on either DENON 1612 AVR with Polk Audio (L/C/R/Sub) and Wharfedale (Rear Surround) or Onkyo 3400 complete package. Your thoughts?? Which among these would you recommend?

Onkyo 3400 would be the cheapest (about 50% of any other combo of receiver+speakers). It is pretty good - but does not have powered subw. You might feel the lack of thunderous bass in some situations. You can also consider Boston XS5.1 in combination with Denon 1612. This would cost you ~45-50k depending on your bargaining skills ;)

HTH
Athulan

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back