Need your opinion on Blue jeans LC-1 stereo interconnect

The first hour hasn't started yet. I'm waiting for them to acclimatise, at room temperature, for at least half a day. Surely you do that?

OK. I'm kidding :lol:

A colleague once found me in the office canteen kitchen rinsing my supermarket shipping. She asked me what I was doing. "I'm washing my shopping," I told her, "Don't you do that? It's been on the supermarket shelf and you never know who might have been handling it!" She gave me a very odd look and left.

The actual story was that the top had come off a bottle of washing up liquid, and I was clearing up the mess :cool: :eek:hyeah: :cool: .

Cable installation coming soon...

First, a sigh of relief... I don't have come here and tell that they absolutely suck, that it's a night and day difference and they are horrible :eek:hyeah:

Yes, I was a bit worried :eek:. :lol:

So, are they even different? Probably. Probably a bit more clarity. That might mean there is a little more high end.

If I had someone else to change the cables for me, I'd submit to a test --- and it would not surprise me at all if, unsighted, I could not tell. I wish I had a quick-change system, but there are two interconnects in the chain (ODAC-->Pre-amp, Pre-amp-->iCAN) and a PC monitor in the way. The headphones are, by far, the most accurate thing I had to listen with.

Physically, they are quite chunky. About 3/8th inch thick. The connectors look huge. They are quite big. There is over an inch of metal grip, and 7/8th inch of crimp, which is under a coloured rubber cover which is 1 and 3/8 inch long! The full length is nearly 3 inches. They are not exactly stiff, but I would not bend them past the radius that comes easily, knowing that there is a solid core inside. That means they do need some room at the back of equipment.

The Techflex sleeving adds to neatness and helps avoid cable-end confusion, but, in this environment, it will gather dust quickly. A smoother shrink-wrap would have been better.

:eek: All this about cables! And hey, I'm not even interested in cables! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:hyeah:

I noticed some arrows on my old cables that I hadn't ever spotted before. You don't think Cambridge Audio had some idea that they were supposed to work only in one direction, do you? Surely not! :D ;) :rolleyes:

Just what did you get - a boa constrictor from Africa??? Sounds like nothing like mine... post a pic please?

Edit: An lc-1 subwoofer cable I have lying in rhe cupboard has arrows too.

What I do is ensure the arrows point in the direction of the device that use a 3 pin prong with grounding ( assuming its connected to ground at one end but not both). Since my amp is two pin. I imagined quiet a few times that it improved the sound over the reverse direction, though I am not strictly a believer about this.

G0bble

Last edited:
I think there are instances in which a able might be grounded at one end only. These certainly are not, nor are my older ones.

Yes, I'll post some pics. I took some, but the came out bad. I'll try again.

Good to know that you got the cables in no time.

So, are they even different? Probably. Probably a bit more clarity. That might mean there is a little more high end.

If I had someone else to change the cables for me, I'd submit to a test --- and it would not surprise me at all if, unsighted, I could not tell. I wish I had a quick-change system, but there are two interconnects in the chain (ODAC-->Pre-amp, Pre-amp-->iCAN) and a PC monitor in the way. The headphones are, by far, the most accurate thing I had to listen with

A quote from a person who is older ( I mean one of the oldest members of this forum ;) ) and wiser :p - "My personal thinking is not to look for improvement or change, but to be able to say, "Now I can forget about those cables."" :lol:

I have followed his wise words :)

Just what did you get - a boa constrictor from Africa??? Sounds like nothing like mine... post a pic please?

This is a 0.5m LC-1 pair, with Techflex wrap...

bj-lc-1-cable-1_zps62ab648d.jpg

Connectors close up, showing shield crimp...

bj-lc-1-cable-2_zps3e83f389.jpg

System is sounding good :eek:hyeah: :cool:

I don't know the physics behind it but there are those who believe that the best dielectric to separate the signal-carrying conductor and the return conductor is air.

Now I know where you can read about the physics behind it. Here goes. Do be warned that the article is intensely mathematical and starts off with Maxwell's equation of electromagnetic propagation. But he does try to explain some of the ideas for the lay reader. Happy reading.

Oh, ok... I am searching for this thread... Thad.. Can I borrow your BJ cable ? If you are coming towards music academy, i can pick it up or near to besant nagar.

Will be keen in coaxial + any other exotic one's.

Regards

Yes... I have a 1m and a 0.5m not yet in use.

How about we set up the Frugal Horn listen? Almost any day is ok with me, but not Sunday 20th.

Back