Need your opinion on Blue jeans LC-1 stereo interconnect

Thats why Nordost uses extruded FEP insulation with inert air locked inside...

inert air? Thankfully for us, air is not inert :cool:. But I've heard of Nitrogen being used. Come to think of it, that isn't inert either.

Inert air... sounds like one of those silly things that cable makers say on their websites. Oh hey, I googled. It is.

The LC-1 uses foamed polyethylene, so yes, air, inert or nert, is there.

*nert: I made that up.

~

24 AWG-ish, approx the same as CAT6 strands. I have read somewhere that the optimal conductor cross section for line level audio signals is 24 AWG. And about 28 for phono tonearm cables. Of course I don't know the veracity of this claim.
I think the resistance would be ridiculously small to make no difference.

I deliberately changed the usage of nitrogen or gas to air when I posted because I couldnt bother to check if Nordost actually uses nitrogen or whatever. And I presumed it wouldnt be contaminated air or anything that accelerates corrision they would use in manufacturing.

Edit: here is the nordost blurb
Nordost winds a thin strand of ultra-pure FEP Mono-filament in a precisely spaced helical coil around each conductor and then extrudes an FEP jacket over that strand. Using the Monofilament as a stand-off, the FEP jacket never touches the conductor. Only the FEP strand makes contact, achieving an 80% air gap, while maintaining perfect flexibility and superb mechanical damping: a one-two punch that no other brand can offer!
The fuss over a mere technicality doesnt make a difference to the fact that Nordost chose air or that many other cable makers use foamed p.e with trapped air and or that many people feel the Nordost works better than other cables with a different construction. Not that Nordost is the best cable rather something works about that approach.

These kinda overtly fussy comments about inert air dont change the basis and principle behind using air as a dielectric, so I dont know why everybody's feeling a little too clever by half about it :D :eek:hyeah:

G0bble

Last edited:
...These kinda overtly fussy comments about inert air dont change the basis and principle behind using air as a dielectric,...
Of course not! "Fussy" comments or otherwise, the principle is sound. No one disputed that.
so I dont know why everybody's feeling a little too clever by half about it :D :eek:hyeah: ...
Not quite "everybody". Just Thad & me :D

Last edited:
If there is no belief on cables, why go for branded Blue jeans or red dawn or blue heaven, you can very well go for finolex or MX which is an local brand and get satisfied with that.:)

If there is no belief on cables, why go for branded Blue jeans or red dawn or blue heaven, you can very well go for finolex or MX which is an local brand and get satisfied with that.:)
We "believe" in cables because otherwise how would we interconnect?

Or did you mean no belief in "cables make a difference".
If yes:
This is not a direction in which we want to take this thread to. Yes, there have been a lot of OT posts [I plead guilty to this too] in this thread but please do not lead this thread down the path of "cables do/do not make a difference and if they do not why use BJC or whatever". We've had enough of those posts. Can you please point me to a SINGLE post in this thread which says they do not believe that cables make a difference?​

If no:
Please ignore what was said above.​

Last edited:
Absolutely NO. I want to know the exact answer why it differs and watching anxiously to find exact answer and following the thread.. I cannot be still and bored of reading, so inserted some silly questions, since as of now going on brand value and now on wards can go with result oriented cables.

Why do we differ speaker cables / Interconnects / >>> This can be an value addition.:cool: Google is there to search,,, but it can be in an single thread..:rolleyes:

We "believe" in cables because otherwise how would we interconnect?

Or did you mean no belief in "cables make a difference".
If yes:
This is not a direction in which we want to take this thread to. Yes, there have been a lot of OT posts [I plead guilty to this too] in this thread but please do not lead this thread down the path of "cables do/do not make a difference and if they do not why use BJC or whatever". We've had enough of those posts. Can you please point me a SINGLE post in this thread which says they do not believe that cables make a difference?​

If no:
Please ignore what was said above.​

Why do we differ speaker cables / Interconnects / >>> This can be an value addition.:cool: Google is there to search,,, but it can be in an single thread..:rolleyes:

A single thread?!! I fear that just as there are many cables in the market that claim to be the answer, there will be as many threads with heated debates discussing the pros and cons... :eek:hyeah:

Soon I am going to have to do surgery on my Nordost. Because I fear a loose contact. And the RCA jacks in the Nordost suck big time! They look like 100 year old antique pieces with just 3 years of use and fit like a used er ...dom! :rolleyes:

Need to procure a quad of locking style WBT rca jacks first....

G0bble

I use blue jeans ic and have been quite happy with the price, value, quality, etc. Also appreciate their write ups. Quite honestly written, and so we assume their products are honest as well, and fairly priced.

Big caveat: I haven't used any other expensive ICs so cannot really give any kind of comparative opinion.

I do wonder if broad statements can be made about ICs though. Their ability to suit or not suit the setup would depend on the specific components, length of wire, presence of other power and rf components (WiFi?), and strength of source signal. Is that not so?

Can we even have thumb rules about ICs? I mean, minimum quality levels, yes. But about how one will be better than another? Could finolex not be a very good fit for a specific setup?

A single thread?!! I fear that just as there are many cables in the market that claim to be the answer, there will be as many threads with heated debates discussing the pros and cons... :eek:hyeah:

Soon I am going to have to do surgery on my Nordost. Because I fear a loose contact. And the RCA jacks in the Nordost suck big time! They look like 100 year old antique pieces with just 3 years of use and fit like a used er ...dom! :rolleyes:

Need to procure a quad of locking style WBT rca jacks first....

G0bble

I got some cut pieces of Nordost blue heaven flatline speaker cables and looking for re-terminating.. Looking for some right person to do the surgery.;) Looks like it is complicated.

Interesting.. how did you manage to get cut pieces?
I will be doing the surgery but as a quack, not a qualified doctor.
I hope I dont forget a sponge or mop inside. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a popular advert shown in movie halls in the 90s..

Every cut piece Masterpiece!!! Chandan cut piece...
:)

G0bble

Last edited:
I deliberately changed the usage of nitrogen or gas to air when I posted because I couldnt bother to check if Nordost actually uses nitrogen or whatever. And I presumed it wouldnt be contaminated air or anything that accelerates corrision they would use in manufacturing.

Edit: here is the nordost blurb

The fuss over a mere technicality doesnt make a difference to the fact that Nordost chose air or that many other cable makers use foamed p.e with trapped air and or that many people feel the Nordost works better than other cables with a different construction. Not that Nordost is the best cable rather something works about that approach.

These kinda overtly fussy comments about inert air dont change the basis and principle behind using air as a dielectric, so I dont know why everybody's feeling a little too clever by half about it :D :eek:hyeah:

Ahh, these clever marketing people... they know just how to shut down the critical faculties and get people crying for more! more! more!

nordost use "inert air" here.

(And "ultrasonically welded" does it for me :eek:. We all have our weaknesses! :eek: :eek:)

And I have nothing against Nordost. I see they don't sell ethernet cables, and that, for a cable companies, scores points with me, even though they loose some with marketting fluff.

Last edited:
It has often been seriously suggested that mains cable is not only fine, it is good, for speaker connections. When I first read about this, I was still a wannabe audiophile. I screemed "NOOOoooooooo," and burnt the magazine. ;) :lol:

The last pair of speakers worth more than my car that I saw were connected with Finolex mains cable. Their owner had settled on it as suiting best in comparison with "purpose-made" speaker cables.

With interconnects, as people now like to call them, it is more probable that they do have to be purpose made, and that specific architectures, and even specific materials are appropriate. I still believe that. When you hear someone screaming "NOOOooooo," you'll know that I've been disillusioned yet again!

Hey ho....

No, here lot of audiophiles use finolex cables as speaker cables.:)

I thought I read someone's post on this forum who was using earthing wire as speaker cable. Supposedly it is high quality copper and is a solid core cable. But I only vaguely remember.

I don't know, but I suspect that the only difference is that it comes in a green cover!

My cables, ordered from bluejeans.co.uk, have been despatched from bluejeans USA, and have just spent 24 hours in Paris. So much for FedEx "Priority" :lol:. Anyway, if they arrive within a week from USA, I shall still be pretty pleased.

Back