• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Netflix India Launch

Rega

dips0502

The pathetic speeds are not the only issue. Pathetic limits of FUPs are also going to be a problem, unless they tie up with ISPs and provide it as a package to the customer.

reju

Great news. It will be interesting to see what pricing and content will be offered....

sam9s

For me it would be the content thats gonna be the issue,(not broadband or FUP, I have 50Mbs-100GB connection) I have seen all these so called US showing content channels like colors infinity and star world, they are pathetic when it comes to broadcasting mature content, with all scenes cut up and various beeps filled in, in all the episodes. Not to forget smoking and drinking banners floating on the top of the screen every single time there is even a slightest of cigarette shown on the screen. Its pathetic, absurd and frankly speaking offensive as well to an extent. Netflix India is also going to be plagued with all this stupid regulations. I am happy with the alternative way of accessing Netflix, atleast it will show the content the way it is meant to be ........

Last edited:

jbgude

docd, did you read about the declaration to be made about " I am above 18 " etc and also the child filters ? so maybe initially there will be no local "censorship".

Quote "In case you are wondering how Netflix will impact your data usage, according to company's own documentation, an HD stream can use up to 3GB of data per hour, while SD video can take anywhere between 300 and 700MB per hour. 4K Ultra HD streaming - if you have a fast enough connection to support that in the first place - will set you back by 7GB per hour." End Quote

Wonder how long before some **** files a case against the service on grounds of "corrupting our culture" or "against national interests" and some even more ***** magistrate or Judge admitting the plea by issuing stay/notices......and some very Hon'ble people bringing a "comprehensive law to shield our peoples " - but maybe not before taking the next flight out to make "study tour" ?

Last edited:

docd

docd, did you read about the declaration to be made about " I am above 18 " etc and also the child filters ? so maybe initially there will be no local "censorship".

Quote "In case you are wondering how Netflix will impact your data usage, according to company's own documentation, an HD stream can use up to 3GB of data per hour, while SD video can take anywhere between 300 and 700MB per hour. 4K Ultra HD streaming - if you have a fast enough connection to support that in the first place - will set you back by 7GB per hour." End Quote

Wonder how long before some **** files a case against the service on grounds of "corrupting our culture" or "against national interests" and some even more ***** magistrate or Judge admitting the plea by issuing stay/notices......and some very Hon'ble people bringing a "comprehensive law to shield our peoples " - but maybe not before taking the next flight out to make "study tour" ?
Was watching a movie last night on MN HD+. In one scene where someone went to a bar to pour a drink, the bottle labels were blacked out! The govt feels even looking at liquor bottles is going to corrupt us!

ItsMe

Was watching a movie last night on MN HD+. In one scene where someone went to a bar to pour a drink, the bottle labels were blacked out! The govt feels even looking at liquor bottles is going to corrupt us!

Probably its MN, who do not want to give any free promo through their channel
Also, will they mute the scene, when bond ask for a martini? ;-)

sud98

I too signed up for the free month to check the content. I am not sure if the apps in my TV and blu ray player will work using the India site, hopefully it does.

Will Chromecast also work if I cast using a phone or my ipad for Netflix?

soulforged

Going OT but you got to watch Whose Line Is It Anyway? on Comedy Central...all the funny bits (for obvious reasons) get muted...in fact they completely cut the scene out if the 'actions' are deemed non-family-friendly :rolleyes:

sam9s

Will Chromecast also work if I cast using a phone or my ipad for Netflix?

Yes chromecast works. Netflix natively supports chromecast, so when you play the content on your laptop/mobile, the chromecast icon is displayed right there on netflix player itself. just click and connect.

Going OT but you got to watch Whose Line Is It Anyway? on Comedy Central...all the funny bits (for obvious reasons) get muted...in fact they completely cut the scene out if the 'actions' are deemed non-family-friendly :rolleyes:

Yes that was soooo pathetic and downright absurd. I have been watching whose line is it anyway for ages now, and I was kinda happy to have it on Comedy Central, but these people fu%#ed it up completely ..... I just watched couple of episodes and then dumped it off ....

Watched Jessica Jones and master of none episode 1. The streaming was flawless on 4G.

Man you must be earning 7 figure salary/m to stream netflix on 4G ....;)

sud98

Man you must be earning 7 figure salary/m to stream netflix on 4G ....;)

Didn't want to watch it in my 512 kbps speed broadband as I had exhausted 144 gb in my 16mbps connection.

I will know if I have any salary post this :)

sam9s

Didn't want to watch it in my 512 kbps speed broadband as I had exhausted 144 gb in my 16mbps connection.

I will know if I have any salary post this :)

Damm how on mother earth did you exhaust 144GB in a month, and that too without Netflix or the likes ...... downloading games!!! .... or full BD ISOs I guess ...:)

music4mhell

Subscribed for 800 plan.

only for Netflix i had to choose the 100 Mbps plan on ACT with FUP 250 GB, after than 2 Mbps UL.

Let see how life goes :eek:hyeah:

jbgude

Subscribed for 800 plan.

only for Netflix i had to choose the 100 Mbps plan on ACT with FUP 250 GB, after than 2 Mbps UL.

Let see how life goes :eek:hyeah:

Damn ! you guys are lucky - there is no BB plan anywhere close to this in the part of Pune I am staying :(

May I ask what the plan costs ?

music4mhell

Damn ! you guys are lucky - there is no BB plan anywhere close to this in the part of Pune I am staying :(

May I ask what the plan costs ?

Till two months back i was in pune from last 5 years.
The best bb in pune is Tata docomo broadband, which has full ul plans of 2 and 5 Mbps with no FUP.

mine costs 2999 + 14% :sad: