Netgear NeoTV 550 launched in inda - just stumbled upon it.

^^It does support both. Also it supports bluray iso's with full java menus.

If its 14k, its stellar value for money assuming its firmware issues are sorted out.

Can't say about other players, but I use this for BD folder playback and it does that perfectly (DTS-HD, TrueHD etc).

just stumbled upon it.

Hi

Did you fall? Did you break your nose? Please be careful. These devices will not be audiophile quality. Such toys are also dangerous for audiophools who are babies at heart and want to grab everything that tinkles and every gear that the salesman rattles in their ear. :)

But if its only a media player you want go ahead. :eek:hyeah:

--G

I have this and it performs very well to stream DVD and BluRay's with menus and all HD audio streaming well supported. The firmware has a few issues that bug several people, but all media streamers have one or the other issue. I have compared the NTV to Boxee, Popbox, Dune B1, BriteView, WD Live Plus, Roku and I prefer the NTV out of the bunch. Dune is known to be the 'king' of streamers btw, but I found myself still preferring the NTV. YMMV!

I have this and it performs very well to stream DVD and BluRay's with menus and all HD audio streaming well supported. The firmware has a few issues that bug several people, but all media streamers have one or the other issue. I have compared the NTV to Boxee, Popbox, Dune B1, BriteView, WD Live Plus, Roku and I prefer the NTV out of the bunch. Dune is known to be the 'king' of streamers btw, but I found myself still preferring the NTV. YMMV!

Have you compared with Xtreamer/AC Ryan or Himedia 600B?

Have you played large rips 40+gb rips , noticed any judders or sluttering in picture motion or audio/video sync issues with netgear player?

Yes have played several such rips. No stuttering in MY setup. But it really depends on other things too - the NAS, HD, router, swith etc. I did have issues when I used the DNS-323 NAS, but once I changed to Synology the issues went away. I also have GB ethernet all across (though the NTV is not GB capable, and doesn't need to be).

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back