Network Stereo 40k to 70k budget options Marantz/Wharfdale/Klipsch

originalamit

Hi friends,

I am looking for a budget system of around 40 to 70k for my study (size of room around 12 feet by 7 feet). I primarily listen to streaming music through itunes and hence bluetooth connectivity is very important. Bookshelf size is better for me as i dont want to occupy floor space with floor standing. Sound quality is very important to me. So far, my research points me in this direction :

1) Wharfedale 225 Diamond and Marantz 6006 amplifier + TP Link bluetooth connector
2) Klipsh the Sixes (though its a bit above my budget)

I am also being suggested the Yamaha R-N303 Network Stereo amplifier which has built in bluetooth. I dont find many reviews about it though. is it worth considering?

Please advise if these are good options or if anyone can recommend a better configuration.

Thanks so much!

Amit

Are you looking at new or preowned also will do? Some good options available in preowned, in for sale threads. Have a look

Hi. Do you want to play music only over bluetooth or is wifi also an option?
If you have good quality wifi in your study (most likely you do) then you should use wifi streaming instead.
Specially for Apple Music over iTunes, this will give better quality.
Your iPhone or iPad will then act only as a controller, and the music will be streamed directly over the internet to your music playing device.
Then you have several options:
1. Apple HomePod speaker. Not yet launched in India, but if you can get it from abroad. Brilliant sound. Perfect for the size of your room. Siri built-in, or control with your iPhone or iPad. Get two and pair them in a stereo pair (very easy) if you want even better performance.
2. Any of the Sonos devices. If you want higher output, then the Sonos Amp or Sonos Connect Amp and your choice of speakers. Control with Alexa, Google or with Apple Airplay 2 (forthcoming)
3. Bose SA-4 amplifier with your choice of speakers. Control with the Bose App, or with Alexa, or with Apple Airplay 2 (forthcoming)
As for me, I am currently using the Apple HomePod. It is brilliant.
But for a larger room or a party, I am trying to decide between the Bose and Sonos offerings. Will evaluate them as soon as Apple Airplay 2 is available on both of them.
Both the offerings do not have any controls on the amplifier itself, which can be hidden away, and all controls are on the iPhone or iPad. I personally prefer using my iPad for music duties, and I am very happy doing that. Also, any of the items above can become the starting point of a multi-room system very easily.

Thanks for the inputs.
Both wifi and bluetooth...

I bought the B&W 685 S2 speakers yesterday as i got a good deal. Now looking for a matching amp. I understand there are devices like allo miniboss which enables amps to be wifi and bluetooth enabled. Anyone tried that?

Thanks

Amit

Thanks for the inputs.
Both wifi and bluetooth...

I bought the B&W 685 S2 speakers yesterday as i got a good deal. Now looking for a matching amp. I understand there are devices like allo miniboss which enables amps to be wifi and bluetooth enabled. Anyone tried that?

Thanks

Amit
Congrats. Get a good amp for the speakers to shine now. Will need quality watts which you may get for in preowned than new at reasonable price or in the ball park figure you have originally stated, or advise what price point you are looking at for new amp.

Thanks ! I think a price point around 25k is my budget for an amp..i could stretch it a bit if justified... Do suggest

Last edited:
Thanks ! I think a price point around 25k is my budget for an amp..i could stretch it a bit if justified... Do suggest
B&Ws will do well with good power and it might be difficult to find an amp for 25k that’s good and powerful as well as not ancient or class D!
FM @Nikhili has hit the nail on the head, suggest you increase your budget to get the best out of the speakers.

Dear sir you can go for Marantz pm 6006 or denon pma 720 used it could be in your cost both good and working well
yes the marantz 6006 sounds great but how do i stream music through bluetooth or wifi onto it? The days of CD players is fast ending and things are all moving to streaming music.. Thats my dilemma on playing source

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back