New $119 tube hybrid headphone amp from Schiit

Better build - people often confuse heft and metal with build quality and robustness, but in this case, it wouldnt surprise me if the Vali is indeed better built. Of course, build quality costs money and that likely means less money to be allocated to parts.

Reliability - impossible for anyone to make a claim this soon after it has been released. Anyone who starts making claims to this effect automatically loses his credibility as far as i am concerned. Heck, it is impossible for anyone to make any claims about reliability based on their individual experiences, as this requires knowing the overall failure rate, which someone's individual experiences have no way of reflecting.

Better sound - yeah well, the difference in sound quality is so hard to ascertain, especially based on third party reviews, that this is the bit to which i give least credence. The error margins are WAY higher than the actual sonic differences - which is not to say that there are differences. There well may be - but i am not going to accept it just b/c a bunch of fanboi-early-adopters on Headfi are raving about it.

A $120 amp is a $120 amp and in the case of the Vali, has about $30 worth of parts in it - maybe $50 in the case of the Bravo.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back