New 40-50" TV - Is Plasma still around ?

Hi, any idea what is the best way to clean the panel of F8500. There is a lint free cloth but how about using some water with it?

I am trying to find the Black Optimizer setting, just unable to see it anywhere? Any ideas??? do I need to update the firmware? Though the picture quality is mesmerizing now, I do know it can further improve with Black Optimizer DARK ROOM setting.

Thanks for the great discussions and suggestions. I guess it boils down (for me) to - how much would I be comfortable paying, if the tv needs to be replaced in a couple of years for whatever reasons.

60-70k looks to much to me, whereas it will be totally VFM for someone else.

I did see the F5500 and it is an awesome TV, and I agree, great buy for the price. Beats all LEDs hands down. Not my cup of tea though :)

I almost got swayed by the Toshiba 39" Full HD model at 40k at Pai, with 3 years warranty. But it looked a bit small compared to the 43" Plasma, so Plasma won.

I am mostly finalizing on the 43H4900, got the best offer at Pai, Bangalore for 41k. Will book in a couple of days (unless something else changes my mind).

Thanks for the great discussions and suggestions. I guess it boils down (for me) to - how much would I be comfortable paying, if the tv needs to be replaced in a couple of years for whatever reasons.

I did see the F5500 and it is an awesome TV, and I agree, great buy for the price. Beats all LEDs hands down. Not my cup of tea though :)

I almost got swayed by the Toshiba 39" Full HD model at 40k at Pai, with 3 years warranty. But it looked a bit small compared to the 43" Plasma, so Plasma won.

I am mostly finalizing on the 43H4900, got the best offer at Pai, Bangalore for 41k. Will book in a couple of days (unless something else changes my mind).

excellent choice.............got the F4900 for my brother some time back. Best tv for the price!!!

excellent choice.............got the F4900 for my brother some time back. Best tv for the price!!!

Hi @Akash, @Abhinav,
Any idea regarding the difference between the 43F4900 and 43H4900, mainly in terms of picture quality? I'm considering to buy a Samsung plasma very soon but this 'H' series seems very confusing and doesn't look appealing to me - especially the screen-capture and sound-capture features! The Samsung website also doesn't list any features relevant to the picture quality of the panel! :(

Hi @Akash, @Abhinav,
Any idea regarding the difference between the 43F4900 and 43H4900, mainly in terms of picture quality? I'm considering to buy a Samsung plasma very soon but this 'H' series seems very confusing and doesn't look appealing to me - especially the screen-capture and sound-capture features! The Samsung website also doesn't list any features relevant to the picture quality of the panel! :(

I do not know much, but the 43F4900 is being replaced by 43H4900. The screen capture and sound capture are more of gimmicks, nothing great in the overall consideration.

I am assuming the 43H4900 will have same picture quality compared to the F series, and it is more of a relaunching ?

Hope the H series is not *worse* off in the actual parameters !

Actually I could not find many models of F4900 - it is just old stock lying around .. ?

LG has launched its 2014 range of Plasma at a killer price. Anybody willing to venture in Plasma world can check them out. 50" is retailing around 65k.

Could you share more details ? I do not see any new models listed on their website yet :

Plasma TVs: View Best Plasma Displays | LG India

Thanks !

He was referring to the LG 50PB6600 around 65K & LG50PB650B for 64K....

Insist to take a demo & then decide... The good thing abt LG TV's is that you can negotiate unlike Samsung & Sony where the prices are almost fixed...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back