New acquisition- EMT 927

anilva

Finally dream come true! Got a EMT 927st turntable from Germany. Considered one of the World’s finest turntables, this piece is like new with original paint and virtually low or no usage.

This is an idler and has a 16”+ platter. Comes with its own shock absorber stand. Highly immune to vibrations and floor noises.

Has the full complement of EMT phono preamp, EMT 997 banana tonearm and EMT TSD15 tondose MC cartridge. Matched perfectly.

Attachments

• emt927a.jpg
    emt927a.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Fantastic Anil you are now the EMT man of india..I guess only the 928 and 930 remaining but both of which redundant in terms of SQ for what you already have !

Hoping for the Mouth watering prospect of hearing a 950 and 927 together on the same system :)
Yes, you can.

Finally dream come true! Got a EMT 927st turntable from Germany. Considered one of the World’s finest turntable, this piece is like new with original paint and virtually low or no usage.

This is an idler and has a 16”+ platter. Comes with its own shock absorber stand. Highly immune to vibrations and floor noises.

Has the full complement of EMT phono preamp, EMT 997 banana tonearm and EMT TSD15 tondose MC cartridge. Matched perfectly.

Fantastic….

This is not normal. This is ridiculous! At least you have ensured you won't be an audiophile in the next birth. Everything there is to see, hear, own is done. Let people discuss holy grail. I know the exact address😀

Congratulations on such a marvelous piece!

This is not normal. This is ridiculous! At least you have ensured you won't be an audiophile in the next birth. Everything there is to see, hear, own is done. Let people discuss holy grail. I know the exact address😀

Congratulations on such a marvelous piece!
There are people I know who have golden ears and are in constant quest for a solution. I have no golden ears, but can understand between good sounding and not so good sounding setups. I also believe setups vary on the type of music and environments we play them in. I am not a SS or tube bigot, nor a direct drive vs. Idler. Everything works for me. Yes, I am a professed Vinyl head and prefer it if I have a chance. Thanks to my lifelong passion on audio coming from my dad, I am able to mix my passion along with DIY hobby. I am able to save a lot of money in making my amps, cables, speakers etc. With a decent collection of turntables includings EMTs, I may be called a hobbyist/collector more than an audiophile, as one of the forum members titled me.

Thanks for your kind words. You are most welcome to listen to the 927.

Cheers

Hi Anilva. Congratulations.

Just curious to know, how do you grade Technics SP10, another legendary TT, with all EMTs you possess. I'm a Technics fan and interested to know.

Thanks,
Sourav

Hi Anilva. Congratulations.

Just curious to know, how do you grade Technics SP10, another legendary TT, with all EMTs you possess. I'm a Technics fan and interested to know.

Thanks,
Sourav
Technics SP10 is one of the best machines made. It's build quality is legendary and the torque on the platter is unparalleled. The only downside is it is just a platter unit and not a package like an EMT, which has a plinth, tonearm, phono preamp all built-in.

Therefore users have not been able to realize the greatness of the TT unless they do a good plinth, great tonearm and phono preamp. I have struggled to find a good phono preamp, which matches an EMT in terms of dynamics. I am yet to find one. So, while I have a great turntable on my hand, I have not been able to make it a prime unit, purely because of limitations of a phono preamp. I might need to shell big bucks to get there. Right now, I don't use it much. Hope this helps.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back