New amp for Wharfdele diamond 9.5

ar.saurav

Hi all,

Need your advice on a new amp for my Wharfdele 9.5 speakers.(floor standing only) I am currently using it with a cheap 50w amp. But want o upgrade to something nicer. I am considering Yamaha AS500 and also a Rotel RX-950AX (which i am getting at a reduced price) there is a small difference between the pricing of both amps.

Rotel is 50W while the Yamaha is 85W. I am very confused and can't decide which one is better.
Also if there are any other amps they you may wanna suggest, please do so.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!!:)

You would need an amp with more that 50W power to drive the Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 towers. In this case, go for Yamaha which is 85W/ch.

I'm currently using the same speakers bi-wired with NAD C356BEE (80Wx2ch). I plan to add a power amp soon NAD C275BEE).

Rotels 50w would be much more powerful than yamaha 85w in actual sense if you connect it to your speakers. It would be worth to take yr speakers along for audition.

Hi

Big brands like Marantz, Cambridge Audio or NAD or Rotel may sound under rated when compared to regular amplifiers around us....Don't be fooled....these amps are performers and will deliver....see the below links...

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

Matching Amps and Speakers - Do we Need to Worry?

You can visit YouTube and see demo of Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 connected to comparable amps....you can then decide...better to get true audiophile quality stereo integrated amplifiers...

Hi all,

Need your advice on a new amp for my Wharfdele 9.5 speakers.(floor standing only) I am currently using it with a cheap 50w amp. But want o upgrade to something nicer. I am considering Yamaha AS500 and also a Rotel RX-950AX (which i am getting at a reduced price) there is a small difference between the pricing of both amps.

Rotel is 50W while the Yamaha is 85W. I am very confused and can't decide which one is better.
Also if there are any other amps they you may wanna suggest, please do so.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance!!:)

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.. I GOT THE NAD 366BEE. Its an awesome pair i believe.A very happy with that. Thanks guys!

Rotels 50w would be much more powerful than yamaha 85w in actual sense if you connect it to your speakers. It would be worth to take yr speakers along for audition.

I am always curious what people mean when they say take your "floorstanding speakers" to the audition

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.. I GOT THE NAD 366BEE. Its an awesome pair i believe.A very happy with that. Thanks guys!

NAD are quite warm sounding, so too I found the Wharfedales. People say generally they are not a great pair together, but if you are happy that is all that matters.
Congratulations!

BTW what is your source?

+1 to shibashis,

NAD were Warm even with JBL's (which is said to be bit forward sounding) when i heard.

But OWN ears are best judge on the pairs, If you like then to should fine.

All the best for your new AMP and new Set-up

Nad makes some nice amps for the money... enjoy your setup and put up some pics so FM's can look at speaker positioning which is equally important in the reproduction of sound. Room information will also be avbl from the pics..

People say generally they are not a great pair together, but if you are happy that is all that matters.
DJ7KyF

Yours ears' judgement is final.
Please take audition your Wharfedales with Nad and if it is fine to you, then go for it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back