New AV reciver

aanambi

Hi, I would like your review and give feed back of the following.
I am planning to buy DENON AVR 1400 with Jamo speaker S 426 or 805 with Yamaha sub woofer NS-SW100. I have heard lot about denon AVR but little about Jamo speakers.the price comes to 75-80K
Kindly Help ?

Hi, I would like your review and give feed back of the following.
I am planning to buy DENON AVR 1400 with Jamo speaker S 426 or 805 with Yamaha sub woofer NS-SW100. I have heard lot about denon AVR but little about Jamo speakers.the price comes to 75-80K
Kindly Help ?

Hi

Trust your ears, audition and decide basis budget, performance, connectivity options etc...

i bought denon AVR 1400 7.2 (network receiver ) with jamo s 805 floor standing (2017 model- left and right )with kilpsch sub woofer 8 inch. I am satisfied with output and price. i auditioned with vinyl recording (recoreded in a pen drive) of dark side of moon album of pink Floyd
denon avr 1400-Rs 37000
jamo s 805-Rs 31500 (taken over by kilpsch)
kilpsch 8 inch sub woofer-Rs 22000
it is very good price

I am slowly building my 7.2 setup. Need to buy center, surround and second sub woofer.
Is second sub woofer necessary ?

Last edited:
Congratulations, lovely choice of components. Best decision ever to build it slowly. Keep this setup for a couple of months before adding more.

MaSh

Is second sub woofer necessary ? Does size 10 inch or 12 inch sub woofer make any difference?
I have 8 inch kilpsch.

Attachments

• IMG-3726.jpg
    IMG-3726.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-3723.jpg
    IMG-3723.jpg
    701.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-3724.jpg
    IMG-3724.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-3725.jpg
    IMG-3725.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 36
i bought denon AVR 1400 7.2 (network receiver ) with jamo s 805 floor standing (2017 model- left and right )with kilpsch sub woofer 8 inch. I am satisfied with output and price. i auditioned with vinyl recording (recoreded in a pen drive) of dark side of moon album of pink Floyd
denon avr 1400-Rs 37000
jamo s 805-Rs 31500 (taken over by kilpsch)
kilpsch 8 inch sub woofer-Rs 22000
it is very good price

I am slowly building my 7.2 setup. Need to buy center, surround and second sub woofer.
Is second sub woofer necessary ?
Where did you get Denon 1400 for 37k??.. does it come with warranty and bill etc

Is second sub woofer necessary ? Does size 10 inch or 12 inch sub woofer make any difference?
I have 8 inch kilpsch.

The impact may vary depending upon the room size and the frequency range of the sub. For a small room, 8" with anything close to 25-30HZ should be good but for bigger rooms, its advisable to have a 10/12 incher.

This model has a frequency response of 38-120 Hz which might not dig down really deep.

You can be the best judge whether u need an additional sub.

How has the experience been so far. Please share.

At any given point, did u realize that the bass from current sub is not enough? If yes, have your tried all Ps (Permutations) n Cs(Combinations) for tweaking the AVR? Try to play with positioning the subs. Once you are exhausted with the options, then look out for a sub upgrade. As of now, I would say its too early.

The impact may vary depending upon the room size and the frequency range of the sub. For a small room, 8" with anything close to 25-30HZ should be good but for bigger rooms, its advisable to have a 10/12 incher.

This model has a frequency response of 38-120 Hz which might not dig down really deep.

You can be the best judge whether u need an additional sub.

How has the experience been so far. Please share.

At any given point, did u realize that the bass from current sub is not enough? If yes, have your tried all Ps (Permutations) n Cs(Combinations) for tweaking the AVR? Try to play with positioning the subs. Once you are exhausted with the options, then look out for a sub upgrade. As of now, I would say its too early.
I am yet to fully try all combination. I am satisfied with subwoofer. the setting options for speaker is either audessy or manual. for the manual sub woofer, it asks for two options. one is LFE (low frequency effect) -in this mode bass is moderate. the other options are LFE+main-this gives full bass.
on the back of kilpsch there some buttons...what should do with this...I am enclosing image of this
what is this gain-how much should i keep
Low pass-options-40/80/120-what should i keep
phase-0 degree / 180 degrees-what should I keep

I have poor knowledge about this

Attachments

• IMG-3734.JPG
    IMG-3734.JPG
    1,021.8 KB · Views: 14
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back