New AVR for My Yamaha NS-F71 & NS-P51

Dineshshank

Hi ,

I have been using Onkyo HTS-3400 for 6 years and tought of upgrading to Tower Speakers with the Onkyo HTR 390 Receiver .
I recently upgraded my Satellite speakers to Tower Speakers with the below Models .
Yamaha NS-71 ( Tower Front Speakers )
Yamaha NS-P51 ( Center & Rear Speakers )
I don't have a Subwoofer as the Bass from the Tower Speakers is good .The output from the speakers are good and Particularly the Movies from Star Movies TV HD as they telecast Dolby Digital Plus .
Will there me a Significant change in the Sound Experience if i upgrade to the Amplifier as Some Dealers has said HTR390 is very basic amp and underpowered to drive the Tower Speakers .But i am seeing a good result compared to my Earlier Satellite speakers .Do i really want to upgrade my Amplifier to have a better experience .

If so pls suggest me an Suitable amplifier in Denon or Yamaha .

I don't have a Subwoofer as the Bass from the Tower Speakers is good .

For movies, you would be missing out on the dedicated LFE (Subwoofer).. A subwoofer can greatly fulfill movie watching experience..

Will there me a Significant change in the Sound Experience if i upgrade to the Amplifier as Some Dealers has said HTR390 is very basic amp and underpowered to drive the Tower Speakers .

w.r.t bass Yes as your new AVR will have sub-out.. This single feature can be the missing link in your present set-up..

But i am seeing a good result compared to my Earlier Satellite speakers .

Yes.. This is because you upgraded from HTIB speakers. so it would obvisouly be good.. But there may not be any significant performance upgrade with your speakers if you move to new AVR..

Do i really want to upgrade my Amplifier to have a better experience .

Yes, if you want to add a active subwoofer.. Otherwise your present set-up is just fine..

For movies, you would be missing out on the dedicated LFE (Subwoofer).. A subwoofer can greatly fulfill movie watching experience..

w.r.t bass Yes as your new AVR will have sub-out.. This single feature can be the missing link in your present set-up..

Yes.. This is because you upgraded from HTIB speakers. so it would obvisouly be good.. But there may not be any significant performance upgrade with your speakers if you move to new AVR..

Yes, if you want to add a active subwoofer.. Otherwise your present set-up is just fine..
Thanks you for your valuable reply and Yes Sub Woofer is one missing in my setup adding it to my system will require a New Amp . Can you pls suggest me any amp in Denon or Yamaha with 7.2 Budget will be Under 40 K

Yes Sub Woofer is one missing in my setup adding it to my system will require a New Amp . Can you pls suggest me any amp in Denon or Yamaha with 7.2 Budget will be Under 40 K

For under 40K, you can conisder Denon x 1400, Yamaha RX V 583.. Pionner Vsx 932 is also a good choice..

Alternatively, check OLX ads in your city for any good deals on AVR..

Need some Help before i order my New AVR .I decided to Buy Yamaha Rx-V585 for the Below Speakers .
But Nice to get some good feedback from Love4sound to consider some expert option as the 585 Looks to be underpowered to Drive those speaker seeing the Speaker Specs .Can you pls review and suggest any Good AVR .

Yamaha NS-F71
Yamaha NS-P51

I prefer Yamaha as it is have Service Presence in all area and Little Stable than Denon ( Said by some Vendors ,I have no idea about it ) .

Is Yamaha RX-V685 a good option .

Hi

The 585 will be just enough and you may need to crank up the volume to hear good punch......

The V685 will do justice ...I am sure it may also increase your budget.....if that is the case before ordering, please check other brands with similar features......

You need to look for:
  • Minimum 80 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms load.
  • At least 5 HDMI inputs , Coaxial and Optical input options
  • Analog Input options for Legacy Devices (if required)
  • Wifi & Bluetooth (if you really want it and will use it)
  • Dolby Atmos ( if you will really use it)
AVRs models and specs keep changing .....if you are into pure 5.0 or 5.1 playback of DTS of DD etc....you may get older hallmark models of AVRs cheaper than the latest models which will serve your purpose of power, punch and clarity with 5.1 processing.....

All the best.......

Hi

The 585 will be just enough and you may need to crank up the volume to hear good punch......

The V685 will do justice ...I am sure it may also increase your budget.....if that is the case before ordering, please check other brands with similar features......

You need to look for:
  • Minimum 80 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms load.
  • At least 5 HDMI inputs , Coaxial and Optical input options
  • Analog Input options for Legacy Devices (if required)
  • Wifi & Bluetooth (if you really want it and will use it)
  • Dolby Atmos ( if you will really use it)
AVRs models and specs keep changing .....if you are into pure 5.0 or 5.1 playback of DTS of DD etc....you may get older hallmark models of AVRs cheaper than the latest models which will serve your purpose of power, punch and clarity with 5.1 processing.....

All the best.......

I can still consider to increase my budget to get good AVR instead spending again .How Is DEnon 2500 compared to Yamaha V685

How much can you increase your budget to? Accordingly list down the brands and models you can get and we will advise the best pic....final call to be taken by you!

I can increase up to 50k .Preferred brands will be
Yamaha RXV 685
Denon 2500
Marantz if any
Pioneer will be last option

Thanks for all your Support .I have finally ended my AVR hunt with an used Pioneer VSX 1122 from one of our FM .

Just started exploring on tuning up and configuring .At an initially level with the MCACC calibration the output was very good and detailing .

Thanks for all your Support .I have finally ended my AVR hunt with an used Pioneer VSX 1122 from one of our FM .

Just started exploring on tuning up and configuring .At an initially level with the MCACC calibration the output was very good and detailing .

As long as you are happy with the output and overall expected performances....nothing like it....cheers!

Wait for the AVR to settle in with the speakers for some time...I am sure there will be more improvement.....read the manual to understand settings better...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back