1. stereo receiver to match RTiA7
2. Buy New within 30k to 40k
3. No CD player will be used, mp3 player and network capability preferred / usb

Onkyo TX 8050/ 80w@8ohm/ est price 43k
CA Topaz SR 10/ 85w@8ohm / est price 23k
NAD 356BE/ 80w@8 ohm/ price ?
Yamaha RN 500/ 80w@8ohm/ price?

when I see price bracket CA topaz attracts but lacks network capability
I guess next left option is onkyo TX 8050 guessing other two are more expensive.

If you know someone who can get the Onkyo TX 8050 from middle east, you will save 20K easily... They retail for 23K there & good thing is you don't need to use step down transformer as it is 220V which works well in india...

Yamaha RN 500 is pretty new kid on the block... They launched it few months back... So prices would be high as it is a new model...

If Yamaha RN 500 interests you, you can check with Yamaha India regarding their availability & pricing...

why Azur 651A being less on output, is costly by 15k?

Wattage is not always proper scale to measure strength of an amp. High current gain is another factor along with refinement of sound which is hard to tell on specification.

For example you will find many AVR with 125 wattage per channel within 50k, but if you compare them with a 2 channel stereo amp with 85 wpc then you will immediately comprehend the difference. Stereo amp are generally superior even with smaller wattage with high current gain circuit design to match with large number of speakers. To find such qualities in an AVR you have to spend at least 2 to 3 times of a stereo amp.

Refinement of sound is another factor which can be judge by the EAR only. Higher quality parts and better design make the output more refined, so the price also jump.

A little googling about "amp wattage and current gain" will help you to understand the topics.

Last edited:
thanks all,
I am getting good discounts on new Harman HK 3490.
As unit could .not be repaired being 110volt unit, as a gesture they are offering max discount on new 3490 Mrp. I may get it close to 26k.(220 volt unit)
Regarding onkyo TX 8050, I dont think I will be able to use its network capabilities. Also some of users facing difficulties with its connection to internet.
the main issue with HK3490 was that I had to crank the volume levels to 60% plus to listen something and 80% to get decent volume. (tried this with CD player too).
should i go for it again.
I have never used digital input. how to use digital input.
thanks

thanks all,
I am getting good discounts on new Harman HK 3490.
As unit could .not be repaired being 110volt unit, as a gesture they are offering max discount on new 3490 Mrp. I may get it close to 26k.(220 volt unit)
Regarding onkyo TX 8050, I dont think I will be able to use its network capabilities. Also some of users facing difficulties with its connection to internet.
the main issue with HK3490 was that I had to crank the volume levels to 60% plus to listen something and 80% to get decent volume. (tried this with CD player too).
should i go for it again.
I have never used digital input. how to use digital input.
thanks

26K for a new HK 3490 is very good price... I have seen prices of 30K+ few years back...What is the curent MRP in India ?

Since you had more digital files in ipod, the recommendation was for TX 8050....It is as simple as plugging the Ethernet cable to the receiver & start playing from your phone/tab....

Yeah my brother had HK145 AVR... Even i had to crank the volume the similar way you did it....May be it is HK style :eek:hyeah:

You will need an Optical cable (or) co-axial cable to make a digital connection.....

26K for a new HK 3490 is very good price... I have seen prices of 30K+ few years back...What is the curent MRP in India ?

The Current price is INR 34,990/-

You will need an Optical cable (or) co-axial cable to make a digital connection.....

HK 3490 has digital input but is there any use of it without a CD Player, Is there a way to give digital input to HK 3490 directly from any MP3 player?
Is there a way to by which one can play 320 kbps mp3 files from a hard drive giving direct digital inputs to amp thru Optical Cable or co-axial cable?
thanks

Attachments

• Rear HK3490-001.jpg
    Rear HK3490-001.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The Current price is INR 34,990/-

HK 3490 has digital input but is there any use of it without a CD Player, Is there a way to give digital input to HK 3490 directly from any MP3 player?
Is there a way to by which one can play 320 kbps mp3 files from a hard drive giving direct digital inputs to amp thru Optical Cable or co-axial cable?
thanks

Not bad... you are getting it for almost 10K less....

Mp3 player (Ipod) to your HK3490 digitally not feasible.... The new AVR support the mp3 players to transmit the signal digitally thru the front USB port.... & not thru the Optical cable (or) co-axial cable..

Moreover none of the Mp3 players have digital output.... Thatz the limitation.

You will need to use the Analogue connections for your MP3 player....

Whilst i have been off hifi speakers since quiet a while, i do remember the rtia7 very well and i loved them for their performance in movies. Never liked them for their musical capabilities.
Also they needed a lot of good juice to run. My yamaha 473 didnt do a good job whilst my older 671 did well. But then i believe the 671 yamaha is a few steps ahead of the 3490. Consider a more powerful avr to get the best out of your speakers.

Whilst i have been off hifi speakers since quiet a while, i do remember the rtia7 very well and i loved them for their performance in movies. Never liked them for their musical capabilities.
Also they needed a lot of good juice to run. My yamaha 473 didnt do a good job whilst my older 671 did well. But then i believe the 671 yamaha is a few steps ahead of the 3490. Consider a more powerful avr to get the best out of your speakers.

Nope buddy... For pure stereo power, i think HK 3490 is comfortably ahead of 671....

Check the below link for HK 3490 capability....

harman/kardon HK 3490 Measurements and Analysis | Audioholics

I wont deny it cause i dont remember how the 3490 sounds. But i am still on my first point. Does the rtiA7 sound musical to you guys? Its performance in movies is awesome, but music??
OP, have you tried some other speakers in the same class?

Nope buddy... For pure stereo power, i think HK 3490 is comfortably ahead of 671....

Check the below link for HK 3490 capability....

harman/kardon HK 3490 Measurements and Analysis | Audioholics

Guys i have shortlisted avr's for my rtia7 , csia4, psw125, fxia4. They are :
Onkyo nr 727
Onkyo nr 818
Denon x2000
Denon x3000
Yamaha rx a820
Pioneer vsx 1123 k
Please suggest best option considering features , power and price in mind. Thanks

Guys i have shortlisted avr's for my rtia7 , csia4, psw125, fxia4. They are :
Onkyo nr 727
Onkyo nr 818
Denon x2000
Denon x3000
Yamaha rx a820
Pioneer vsx 1123 k
Please suggest best option considering features , power and price in mind. Thanks

Approx prices for these models....

Marantz 5008 is on a long waiting queue, otherwise i would've gone with marantz

Approx prices for this model......

Onkyo 727 - 65000
Onkyo 818 - ????
Denon x2000 - 46000
Denon x3000 - 70000
Pioneer vsx 1123 - 47000
Marantz 5008 - 58000

I think the older 717 from onkyo has preouts which 727 lacks. So you should consider 717 also. It'll be cheaper too coz its an older model.

And, as I've mentioned earlier try and find somebody who can carry it to you from the middle east.

Onkyo 727 - 65000
Onkyo 818 - ????
Denon x2000 - 46000
Denon x3000 - 70000
Pioneer vsx 1123 - 47000
Marantz 5008 - 58000

818 costs bet 85 ~95K when i enquired last year...What is your max budget for the AVR if you were to buy it in india ?

As @tanmayj pointed out, try to get it middle east... Both of us got it from middle east last year... I paid 45K for 818 last year in kuwait....

I guess i'll use my denon 2113 for a while and then upgrade to marantz 6008 when its available in delhi. My budget is 50 -60 k .

Some guy from afraah electronics in chennai was offering me pioneer lx57 avr for 72k. I dont know if i can trust him. I offered him cash on delivery but he rejected.

I have sold my Polk RTi A7 for 28k. Now I am selling my dead HK 3490 :sad: on olx.in

Now Hunt for new compact system will start. (under 35k)
1. small stereo amp with 30 to 50 watt per channel (say around 20K)
2. decent Bookshelf under (say around 15k)
3. CD player (if budget permits)

I know not many options available in this tight budget.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back