New BSNL BB Plans for HYDERABAD users only (to compete with BEAM)

mohan_r

If you are using BSNL BB in HYD, this is some gud news!! :)
I was using 4 Mbps 1350 plan with FUP of 35GB now changed to 8Mbps 949 plan, from Sept BSNL is providing the below plans:

New Plans

1. BBG ULD 949 CS15 (Unlimited)

8 Mbps upto 35 GB, 512 Kbps beyond

2. BBG ULD 1499 CS16 VDSL (Unlimited)

16 Mbps upto 40 GB, 4 Mbps beyond

3. BBG ULD 2499 CS17 VDSL (Unlimited)

24 Mbps upto 50 GB, 6 Mbps beyond

Upgradation in the bandwidth

BB Home ULD 499 1 Mbps upto 10 GB, 256 Kbps beyond

BB Home Combo ULD 625 2 Mbps upto 10 GB, 512 Kbps beyond

BB Home Combo ULD 750 2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 512 Kbps beyond

BB Home ULD 750 2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 512 Kbps beyond

BBG Combo ULD 850 4 Mbps upto 8 GB, 512 Kbps beyond

BB Home Combo ULD 900 4 Mbps upto 10 GB, 512 Kbps beyond

Below is the actual circular to launch of new plans in Hyderabad region to compete with M/s BEAM cable.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:nJivhdezQf0J:aigetoahyd.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/1/3/12136552/circular_no_1912-13_a_16.08.2012.pdf+ULD+949&hl=en&gl=in&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiEKen6iWRMs9QMABWN0krrnO962pWsGIGPIvD7t2Rud60BSmBmBdz3cOG3h0pOHw4hP99_5pf7sPgaV7_D5d0Ra4qnEe2EVC-ch5Lvo5JHnaQJtvwrUDmS063ndQmy2ODUa3VP&sig=AHIEtbQQeQIMX7k_9G70FUMXByPj4yR3Ew

Wow..congrats I have the same plan in Bangalore - how did you find this out? Let me google and see if Blore too gets the same

Got the info from other broadband forums..
Not sure abt the plan availability in Bang, you can call the BSNL CC(1500) to check.

Thank you.
I suspected this , when my downloads reached 200KiB/Sec. I have a 750 plan. However I also saw that download speeds are not consistent as earlier and go up and down frequently.

I had Airtel and after I was cheated over a false promise, I changed to BSNL. Twice I've faced downtime (<30mins). Go for BSNL if you can manage the wire without any support from the customer care. I've opened above 8 dockets in last year and not once I got a call from them and usually the dockets were closed without any fix in less than a day. Nonetheless, I'm reasonably satisfied with BSNL since I'm DIY-person. But there is an upside, I got my installation charges waived off since I installed the wire from the their junction-box to modem. Modem and instrument charges waived since I reused airtel's. The installation guy was apparently too busy to attend. For one be prepared for downtime once in a while (my workaround is 3G tethering using Android mobile). Also get the number of area-manager and be prepared to visit BSNL office initially for a couple of times.

FUP-limit doesn't count the night usage between 2AM to 8 AM. I've 4mbps connection which gets me about 8GB download every night (nothing in market can beat this).

You can try, I applied for my new connection online. Didn't even have to visit their office once. I got the connection installed and working in a day. A BSNL staff visited my office at 9PM, filled the form by himself and took a Rs. 500 deposit. The day after the lineman came and installed the connection. I was truly and pleasantly surprised.

FUP-limit doesn't count the night usage between 2AM to 8 AM. I've 4mbps connection which gets me about 8GB download every night (nothing in market can beat this).

Rahul, FUP limit doesn't count during 2-8am!! which 4Mbps plan are you using?
I have used 1350 plan and in that plan they count during 2-8am.

Hyderabad BSNL plans were always VFM. Their service is also very good especially in the BB front. BSNL has recruited qualified engineers for the BB support. It is better to get to know the engineer in your area and discuss your problems with him after registering a complaint with their CC. In fact their CC is much better than some of the private companies. I always had BSNL at home and You Telecom in the office. You Telecom service had deteriorated to such an extant that complaints to their nodal officer also were not acknowledged let alone solved. Finally we had to cancel the You Telecom subscription.

Nope not for me and now I'm not giving you my landline number :).

I'm in BBG-Combo-ULD-1350 and I've already downloaded above 40GB for month of October. So you tell me. But again when I took the plan the FUP-limit was 20GB for that plan and I do not know whether the limit itself has been changed. My torrent client is configured to download only between 2AM & 8AM.

Not one docket was attended to but again the last docket that I opened was sometime back.

I also had applied for connection online. Only 1 automated email landed. After a week when I went to BSNL office which luckily just a walk, they told me that it will take 2 months if I waited for online process. However they assured that they will get the evaluation done if I applied on paper within a day. I agreed and evaluation took 3 days without any intervention. I was home when guy came. All he did was figure out which port in junction box was to be used for my connection. No action for 2 days got me started. I heard ringtone and went ahead with wiring which was no more than unhooking from Airtel's junction box and reconnecting to port on BSNL's box. No action for another 2 days and I called. Call-verification happened but I had to take my modem to BSNL office to get it configured (not much just enter the credentials if already know it).

I had changed to BSNL about an year back. Not sure if radical changes have taken place at BSNL since then.

Let me state that nothing is useless but yes keep your expectations in check. At the end you will be happy with BSNL provided you can pitch in when they can't. They seem to work with lot of constraints probably due to red-tape.

For instance, when I took connection they had no modem in stock for months together. They were so happy to know that I had my own modem and they helped me in many ways. In particular the area-manager was really nice. In spite of all running around, I find them way better than Airtel. For one they don't bluff for some business gain and I found their constraints genuine and sometimes they will know less than expected.

It is more like "your" connection and they are there to help you push it when they can ;)

Back