New Denon receivers announced!

2700H, 3700H, 4700H, and 6700H announced with 8K 60Hz / 4k 120 Hz capabilities, pre-amp mode (the new name for pre-outs?), variable refresh rate support and low latency modes, announced today.

6700H sounds exciting with 13.2 pre-outs and Dts X Pro which supports that.. So i guess, an option to duplicate the 5.1 bed set-up as heights.. And support for front wide speakers..

So as I mentioned before the pre-amplifier option has to be selected in the amp assign section. One small catch is all the channels will be powered only by a power amp. So no mixing of avr and PA for amplification. If you want to use this mode in a 9 channel set up you need to have a 9 channel PA
if i only want to use external amplification for my front speakers with a power amp then the preamp mode of the avr won't work?

If so i find this feature pretty useless as many use external amplification for the front 3 speakers & let the avr do the surrounds & heights.

Cheers.

if i only want to use external amplification for my front speakers with a power amp then the preamp mode of the avr won't work?

If so i find this feature pretty useless as many use external amplification for the front 3 speakers & let the avr do the surrounds & heights.

Cheers.
Yeah you can’t use it like that. If some one wants to go seperates and don’t want to spend more the a lakh on a 11 channel processor the 3700 is a good choice

Cheers.
I believe it should be possible .imho these many days Preamp section and preout will be always available(ON) in the respective RCA ports
( unless u change the zone 2/ Zone 3 config ).Only concern there is no mechanism( sw selection) to switch off the AVR internal power amp section according to the preamp section is being used.

Ps- I don't know about this DenonX3700 model. Let us wait for the reviews. If above mentioned option is not available it is useless for your requirement but VFM who is looking for budget AV processor.

Last edited:
I believe it should be possible .imho these many days Preamp section and preout will be always available(ON) in the respective RCA ports
( unless u change the zone 2/ Zone 3 config ).Only concern there is no mechanism( sw selection) to switch off the AVR internal power amp section according to the preamp section is being used.

Ps- I don't know about this DenonX3700 model. Let us wait for the reviews. If above mentioned option is not available it is useless for your requirement but VFM who is looking for budget AV processor.

Here is the video where Philip (from Sound United/Denon) explaining pre-amp mode in the Denon 2020 X-Series AV Receivers.

This is a review of the new Denon amp x4700h
Seems like it’s worse than last year models

Looks like the 3600H beats this by a fair margin. 4700H mostly has a very bad 8K implementation which messes up other good bits of the circuitry as well. Switching off the power amps doesn't help in improving the measurements at all.

I also like how there are several comments on Denon producing a good AVR in the 3600H is just an accident :p I'd wait for his review on Marantz 6014 and choose between 3600 and 6014.

Denon had tweeted saying that the measurements seen on ASR for the 4700H were as expected. Now, they've removed it and said that they're looking into the issue.

Most likely some bad engineering acknowledged right there :(

Denon had tweeted saying that the measurements seen on ASR for the 4700H were as expected. Now, they've removed it and said that they're looking into the issue.

Most likely some bad engineering acknowledged right there :(
But most folks who buy it off the shelf won’t even know it, they would look at the 8k sticker and think it’s future proof.

He is updated review of Denon 4700 ..
Now he recommend the new Denon 4700 :)

Anything beyond 7.1 or 5.1.2 and not using separates has stopped making sense to me specially if your poison is also OTT content.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back