New Denon Turntable

ukjeyaraj

Denon as part of 100th Anniversary Celebration has launched new special-edition products.

One of the products is Denon DP-A100 turntable. It looks very attractive. I did not find this in our forum, so thought of sharing with all Vinyl lovers.

647455.jpg

But members in some vinyl forums was not much happy about the build and quality.

Maybe Denon wanted to invoke the magical name 'DP-100', but it appears that it's nothing but a glorified DP-500M which was previousy being sold at around $600. More info. here. My un-educated guess is that there are much better options at around $2500 for anyone to bother with the DP-A100. On another note, I just wish one of the Japanese biggies (Technics? Yamaha? Denon? Pioneer?) would find it sufficiently profitable to launch a hi-fi TT thats atleast half as good as their killer models from the 80's/90's. I wonder how hard it would be for Panasonic to re-engineer their existing SL line to do-up the PS and upgrade the arm and sell it for around $1000-$1200, ofcourse without the strobe and pitch sliders. What I would really really like to see is the re-launch of the Yamaha PX-3! Sigh, dreams...

Back