New Home theater setup

ratishmohan

Hi Friends,

I am looking up to setup a Home theater and looked at various AVR and speaker systems.
I short listed following AVRs and Speaker systems based on my reading online.
Also I will be open to explore others on your suggestions as I am fairly new to setting up them.

Main usage: 70-80% Movies and TV Series, 20-30% Music
My AVR preferences: Wifi and Airplay feature, 3D and 4k Passthrough
Speaker -> Compact, to be Wall mounted only
Preferred Place to buy: Pune / Mumbai or Online.

AVR:
1. Pioneer VSX-830-K
2. Yamaha RX-V479
3. Denon AVR-X1200W

Speakers:
1. Tannoy TFX-5.1 Compact
2. Boston Acoustics SoundWareXS5.1B 5.1
3. Pioneer (Andrew Janes) - have heard about them but not sure of price and speciality

Please suggest the combinations or your reviews about them. If you already own them, please share your experience and setup info! Thanks!
Also where can I get demo of these or any other suggested HT system in Pune!

Ratish

Last edited:
Hi

The shortlisted brands and models look fine...all depends on your budget. Not sure of which places are there in Pune but I am sure a google search would yield some place names....

If you can make it to Mumbai, there are ample dealers where you can audition different brands and models and perhaps decide again.....

If your budget is limited and you want to get a good bang for the buck...look at the For Sale by owner section and Hi Fi Ads...there are some really good components on sale which will appeal to you.....

All the best....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back