New home theatre setup - quotes

sameerbhise

Hi Guys,

I am planning for a HT setup at my residence in Mumbai (western suburbs). Do not have a huge budget. After going through multiple threads and forums, I auditioned/shortlisted the following and have got the quotes:

AVRs
Denon 1513 - 25K
Onkyo Rt558 - 28K

Additionally, hifimart is offering Marantz-NR1402 for 24.5k and am confused between the 3. Although Marantz service issues in Mumbai seem to be well documented here.

For me, Tower speakers are a MUST hence got quotes for the following:

Wharfdale Vardus300 - 17K
Jamo S426 - 21K

Please also suggest a suitable Sub to the above.

I personally liked the Denon+Wharfdale combo (also is cheaper and Wharfdale bass sounded materially better at low freq).

Plan to begin with AVR+2TowerSpeakers+Sub initially and then add the centre/surround speaker system later.

A relative newbie here, so gurus please enlighten!!

Cheers,
S

P.S. Any inputs on aux-to-USB converter connector would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
room size?
will 1513 be enough for fs..
whats your use..cinema or music..unless dedivated music source and materiak..bs+sub is okay than fs
get diomonds instrad vardus..
get a centre instead sub now..if fs is final..

Last edited:
room size?
will 1513 be enough for fs..
whats your use..cinema or music..unless dedivated music source and materiak..bs+sub is okay than fs
get diomonds instrad vardus..
get a centre instead sub now..if fs is final..

Room is a L-shaped with TV/viewing area of about 110sqft+dining area of 130sqft hence fs is almost final.

Music is primary use.
Issue with diamond series is the basic fs are small and the others are expensive...Hence checked vardus.
As you have suggested will check fs+centre instead of sub.

Do the quotes look ok?
Many thanks Prosenjit.

Cheers,
S

correct
nono for avr for your case..
strtcly streo amp...for you..
and no center also
only fs/bs.....

if needed later add a sub....but imho it will ruin the party

My use would be music but have avid movie lovers at home as well. Hence going for AVR right away (dont want them to be complaining when they get time).

So right now will go only with AVR+Fs (given the size of the room, plus the fascination bit is also true). Will think of sub later.

Which of the above AVRs suits?

Cheers,
S

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back