New HT build underway.. Please provide suggestions. Total Budget 8 lacs

sambhav90

Hi everyone,
I am planning to build a home theater in my room of 14Lx12Bx9H. Getting acoustic wall paneling + ceiling paneling + floor carpet.
Setup finalized till now is:
Polk A9 pair (Final now)
Polk A6 (Final now)
Polk A1 pair (Final now)
Denon 3313 or X3000
Subwoofer DefTech SC8000 ?? Cant decide (approx Rs. 70000)
Sony HW50ES Projector (low response time for gaming)
Will use for Music+Movies+Gaming almost equally.
Is this setup good or is there any problem with the components complimenting each other?
I may add a power amplifier for the front A9s in future when I move to a larger room.

Last edited:
Seems a very movie focused setup. Not sure of how it would do with music. Unless you have tested it and like the sound (as it would depend upon the type of music).

Whats the source for gaming/movies/music - is it a htpc?

Yes, I have a gaming pc already with HDMI output through graphics card. I listen to alternative, acoustic guitar, some house and rock mostly. I know that the setup should focus on either movie or music but my usage is almost 50-50 (gaming is similar to movies). Any changes that need to be made to improve the setup would be appreciated a lot.!

I am thinking of 3way front only (wanted them since forever). Main thing remaining is the subwoofer decision. Also I'm not quite certain about the projector.
I've heard the A7 and it was satisfactory. Thought the A9 are bound to be a lot better than them I suppose. My dad tried them in Mumbai and he liked the A9 very much too.

As I mentioned earlier, the speakers have been finalized by my Dad (who would be paying for it also :eek:hyeah:) so cannot make any changes there.
I just need suggestions on subwoofer and projector now.

If its movies and dts hd ma songs
GO FOR Jamo D500 7.1 setup with d600 subwoofer.
It will blast your lungs for sure

D600 speakers will not be required for your room size.
But D600 subwoofer ( one ) will meet THX select2 requirements

See my signature for my setup ( will be less than your total budget )

If its movies and dts hd ma songs
GO FOR Jamo D500 7.1 setup with d600 subwoofer.
It will blast your lungs for sure

D600 speakers will not be required for your room size.
But D600 subwoofer ( one ) will meet THX select2 requirements

See my signature for my setup ( will be less than your total budget )

How much did the D600 sub cost you btw? Surely looks interesting

I got d600 sub last year for 1.1 lakhs
Must be around 1.5 lakhs now after rupee depreciation

Last edited:
D600 looked great but that's almost double the amount I planned! I'll have to see something a bit cheaper.. Besides my HT room is actually small currently. I am searching for a 12" sub currently for approx 70k

Sambhav

It's well worth investing some time auditioning some gear before spending cash!

I've heard A7+A6+A1 here on a 2313 but sadly A9 is available on order only. Also he had no high end subwoofer too. Some polk and jamo subs (100w). There is only one retailer in Indore AFAIK. If anyone knows someone else in Indore where I could get a better audition, please let me know.
As with my budget, he is suggesting dual velodyne impact 12 or Santorin 21. But I am not convinced with the brands. Everything is available on order currently.
(I've got my CA exams coming up next month so can't go to other cities as well for demo.)

Speakers could have been better for this budget. But since its fixed....
I would have gone for components instead of AVR as well.
A marantz prepro with XPA-5 gen 2 will deliver better performance.

If you are a bass head, then at this price range, consider SVS PB12: 72k delivered. It will blow you away. Dual Impact 12 cannot match its performance.

Speakers could have been better for this budget. But since its fixed....
I would have gone for components instead of AVR as well.
A marantz prepro with XPA-5 gen 2 will deliver better performance.

If you are a bass head, then at this price range, consider SVS PB12: 72k delivered. It will blow you away. Dual Impact 12 cannot match its performance.

How much would the marantz+emotiva come down to? AVR has not been finalized yet so I can change it.
I was also thinking about a single Velodyne Impact 12 and then saving the money for XPA 2? Which of them should be better (keeping in mind the small room size)?
1. Marantz pre pro + XPA 5 + SVS PB12
2. Denon 3313/X3000 + XPA 2 + Single Velodyne Impact 12
3. Denon 3313/X3000 + SVS PB12
I have in total 2 lac for all three components, i.e. AVR+AMP+SUB
Also, SVS shows that its discontinued, if it's not available, any other substitute? lIke the PB 2000?

Last edited:
Separates+Sub for 2L is difficult
In this case, it is better to go for AVR only.

However, if you can get the previous gen Marantz 7005, you can save lot of money. The current one, Marantz 7701 is available for 1.3 L here
XPA-2 gen 2 is $999 US delivery.
Between Impact 12 and SVS, there is no competition. Single Impact 12 has no place in a HT worth 8 lakhs. There are some good VFM sub from Sunfire too. Do not remember the model.

If I were you, I would buy 5 active speakers from Genelec or M&K or Neumann or Dynaudio and get a preprocessor like Emotiva XMC-1 (yet to be out) and settle down for life.

Passive M&K monitors 5.0 are available for sale from ranjeetrain. Check it out, great speakers they are, if you are open for used gear.

So I think I'll finalise Denon 3313 (if available still) else X3000 and find SVS PB12 somewhere. I'll try to add an XPA 2 later if need arises.
Alternatively if I can get a 2313 for cheap I may be able to add a XPA 2!
Polk Speakers have been approved by Dad, so no changes there whatsoever. Even though I want to. But they are also good After all.

Last edited:
Hi

If you are still looking out for a subwoofer within Budget, you may want to consider the Boston Acoustics ASW650 which is under 30k but delivers 300W RMS.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back