New MacBook Air a potential audio source

jai1611

Its coming with a new Mac OS and different hardware adapted from the iphone / ipad. May break compatibility with some older products. Best to wait and see if there are any issues.

If your objective is fanless, its relatively straightforward to build a fanless pc as long as you can source an appropriate chassis (tougher these days due to imports being more expensive). You also get fanless pre-built PCs with low powered chips. An even cheaper option are the various raspberry pi based devices

Passive_audio_enthusiast

Its coming with a new Mac OS and different hardware adapted from the iphone / ipad. May break compatibility with some older products. Best to wait and see if there are any issues.

If your objective is fanless, its relatively straightforward to build a fanless pc as long as you can source an appropriate chassis (tougher these days due to imports being more expensive). You also get fanless pre-built PCs with low powered chips. An even cheaper option are the various raspberry pi based devices
No I basically like It more as a computer than as a music source . thought this would be a even better deal if it has got better audio audio too on a side note. Waiting for some reviews to come up next week. My previous one was a very old unibody model which had optical out. Now I think there is no laptop having it.

Nalzan

Since the new MacBook Air has no fans , anyone thinking it would be a good source for audio? Or won’t it support usb dacs at all ?!’
It works flawlessly as a music server! I have been using it since the last 4 years and it has currently been upgraded to Big Sur without any problems.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer