New Powered Speakers

Uberano

So im looking to get a pair of Powered Speakers to replace my dead MX5021s. I have shortlisted the Swans D1010-IV but a friend told me to look at the Behringer MS16. I want a more fun and warm set rather than more neutral and accurate. And the MS16 being studio monitors, which i have never heard any play im not sure whether i would like them or not. But he said the sound could be tweaked to my liking so i dunno. What would you lads suggest between the two? Or are they other alternatives i could consider.

Budget= Under 12K Perhaps?
Purpose= Music and Movies.

Krk Rokit series are darned good for the money too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So im looking to get a pair of Powered Speakers to replace my dead MX5021s. I have shortlisted the Swans D1010-IV but a friend told me to look at the Behringer MS16. I want a more fun and warm set rather than more neutral and accurate. And the MS16 being studio monitors, which i have never heard any play im not sure whether i would like them or not. But he said the sound could be tweaked to my liking so i dunno. What would you lads suggest between the two? Or are they other alternatives i could consider.

Check Mackie CR3/CR4, just youtube it, it's amazing :)

The koriks would be out of your budget. The MS16 won't give you the 'movie sound'
The Swans are good. Look around and try to find the Audio Engines A2 if you can.

I've recently bought Swans M200MKIII and am quite pleased with the warm, musical sound. The only thing is the bass doesn't go very deep, owing to 5.25" woofers - would've preferred 6.5".

That said, in your budget you can look at Wharfedale DS-1 s if you're interested in music more than gaming.
Wharfedale DS-1 review | What Hi-Fi?

Your post came a wee bit too late im afraid. I already got the Swans, not that im complaining :p

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back