new release of 3 indian most wanted lps today

mrunalrane

today 4/4/2011
new lps of dil to pagal hai most wanted bollywood lps /diwale dulhanya le ja yenge / 1942 a love story is ready in market for sell music lovers were ready to spend thousands of rupees to get the lp but didnt find it rare no. the mrp is 699 rs . those interested can rush to music stores for getting it cant say of stock . thks for the music co for re making it. dil to pagal hai was the last title on gramophone co of india ltd.
also heard of 3 more nos is 3 idiots / tare zamen pe and one more cant rem the name.
thks everybody hope this is a useful tip for vinyl lovers
so pls hurry bye ....................:clapping:

Thats good news...however I will wait till FLIPKART comes up with a discounted price...
They generally offer at lesser price than MRP.

>>>

Digressing a bit, but what should one look out for (text perhaps) on the jacket and /or on the record to find out the quality of recording/reproduction?

For instance, malvai had informed me that for CDs, if 'AAD' is printed on the cover its very very good quality as it stands for Analogue (original) recording, Analogue mastering and Digital copying (on the CD).

Regards
issigonis

>>>

Digressing a bit, but what should one look out for (text perhaps) on the jacket and /or on the record to find out the quality of recording/reproduction?

For instance, malvai had informed me that for CDs, if 'AAD' is printed on the cover its very very good quality as it stands for Analogue (original) recording, Analogue mastering and Digital copying (on the CD).

Regards
issigonis

I don't think there's any indicator of that sort for vinyl other than what MoFi used to have (half-speed mastering was their tagline IIRC). In any case you are unlikely to find any such indicators on non-MoFi pressings. The best you can look for is 180g, but even that is more the quality of the vinyl material than the pressing itself .

For older pressings, especiallly of major albums, there will usually be online communities that offer insights into which pressing is the best sounding , on criteria such as country of pressing, label colour/design, catalog numbers, runout groove etchings, specific text and / or form of artwork (eg gatefold).. etc

Yipppeeeeeeee......got DDLJ, DTPH and 1942-A Love Story LP's today ......

listening to DTPH as I type this...awesome!!!!

The sound sounds so wide, open, airy and clear on an LP - unlike a CD which always sounded tight and tinny.

I have always loved this music...and am falling in love with Uttam Singh's score once more!!!

Hi

Collected all 3 yesterday along with the old LP of "Nikkah". To me the LPs sounded ok and "1942...." sounded best. But when I played Nikkah just after the 3 new LPs, I was surprised. The recording of NiKKah is way better than all the 3.In fact you get true LP feeling in "Nikkah"

Thanks

Hi Pratimbayal

DDLJ, Dil To Paagal are digital recordings. Nikaah is an analogue recording. So thats why you probably prefer Nikaah

Hi

Collected all 3 yesterday along with the old LP of "Nikkah". To me the LPs sounded ok and "1942...." sounded best. But when I played Nikkah just after the 3 new LPs, I was surprised. The recording of NiKKah is way better than all the 3.In fact you get true LP feeling in "Nikkah"

Thanks

From where did u get the Nikkah LP

Hi Pratimbayal

DDLJ, Dil To Paagal are digital recordings. Nikaah is an analogue recording. So thats why you probably prefer Nikaah

Yes that might be true. Infact I was also thinking that way. My plan to start venture in LPs was to listen particulary the anologue recordings. For Digital recording will use my cdp- is it a right planning to get better sound?

Yes Pratimbayal. I agree. Modern recordings, you can hear on your cdp. Older ones, you can go for vinyl.

Hi

Thanks

I have Nikkah mint LP and i think Nikkah is the best sounded hindi LP.

SA RE GA MA has lined up new releases in April....
forwarding u a mail received...

Silsila
Cat No.210019
MRP Rs.799

Kabhi Kabhie
Cat No.210018
MRP Rs.799

Pakeezah
Cat No. 210015
MRP Rs.799

Pakeezah-Raag Rang (Unreleased)
Cat No. 210016
MRP Rs.799

Mughal-E-Azam
Cat No. 210017
MRP Rs.799

Call Of The Valley
Cat No. 251001
MRP Rs.799

Sri Venkatasa Suprabhatam
Cat No. 247001
MRP Rs.799

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back