new replaced panel issue. lg 42ld460

the pixel policy of lg is published on their website. it is 6 to 7 bright and dead pixels. when i called the service center guy to complain about fault he said.there is only warranty available on product not guarantee. he told me one case that have gone to consumer court rearding replacement of lcd tv with his existing defect tv. the court ruled that. the company must replace the panel not to issue the new tv.

well i am waiting for info from dealer and from service center guy.

Just to set the expectations, almost all plasma/LCD manufacturers clearly state that display panels can have 3-5 dead pixels, which is normal as per large-screen manufacturing processes. This is true worldwide, not just for India.
Also, the manufacturer's liability is to replace the panel, not the TV. If you want replacement, you should talk to the dealer.
I'd suggest if the dead pixels are not bothersome, not to go for replacement, since you will find that almost all units have a dead pixel or two. Most are visible only in one or two colours, and hence not noticeable while watching actual TV.

in my case i gave the tv for replacement for one dead pixel. but now the replaced panel have 5 blue spots not a pixel (dot) and also a vertical line varies between 1 to 2.

finally replaced my 47ld650 tv penal with a new penal due to dead pixel issue. The new penal PQ is better with no side bleeding and high contrast and true colours. There r zero dead pixel and side angle viewing is also good. I think there should be zero tolerance for hot pixel and company should replace he penal. Replacing penal is as good as replacig your tv.

now my lcdtv issue is with area manager of lg.he is telling me that there is no way of issuing a new tv.but i requested him.now he is saying that he has to talk with higher authority.

i am waiting for their reply. i dont know where i am headed.

they are now saying that they will replace the panel by bringing it to my house.
what can i do opt for the panel replacement or new tv.

In your situation , the company is not legally obliged to replace the set. They are honoring the warranty by repairing (in your case replacement of the panel)

IMHO you should opt for the replacement of the panel and close the chapter, your case can be stronger in court for replacement of the TV only if the particular model\product has a known defect which is inherent in all pieces alike.

Nevertheless i think that its high time companies raise the bar in quality by ensuring zero dead\stuck pixel policy ...

i am thinking of getting AMC. cost is 4500rs per year.if i opt for 3 years they will give a 20percent discount.

so what you guys say about this.any of you guys who own LCD TV taken the amc.

after replacing the 2nd panel.the problem didnot solved.and also panel had a scratches. then i informed the area manager.now they are agreed to replace the tv.they said that ld460 model is discontinued. so now i have decide the new model. i am in dilemma whether to go for lcd or led.so which is the best new model in LCD OR LED. or take a cash replacement and go for another brand.
help me guys

now they agreed to repay the full amount of 46000rs. so i am searching for new tv. so please give your suggestions.

Great that you finally got a full refund after this harrowing experience.
I've already dropped LG as an option.

iam yet to receive 51d5500 samsung.. hold on.. let me see it then will recommend ....
got samsung d6900 bluray player.. wifi works, youtube plays,, all good yet
1. amazing clarity of lg upconversion was missing..
2. it could not remember last view memory..
coming to your tv,
1. have a look at philips led, they give 4 year warrenty...
2. panasonic plasma, they outperform any led tv
3. samsung led 6 series are also a steal for quality and clarity...( nowadays hearing a bad rep. for customer support)

still thinking of which tv to buy. thinking of samsung 40d550 lcd and
ua40d5500 led.it is available for 57000.
but i am not in mood to invest extra 11000rs.
they are giving 46000rs cheque via icici bank.but i have a SBM bank acc. i dont know how much of transaction fee will be charged.

still thinking of which tv to buy. thinking of samsung 40d550 lcd and
ua40d5500 led.it is available for 57000.
but i am not in mood to invest extra 11000rs.
they are giving 46000rs cheque via icici bank.but i have a SBM bank acc. i dont know how much of transaction fee will be charged.

You could go with the 40D550.
Or if you want to save your self some cash get a 40D5000 or 40EX520 from the grey market.

actually before purchasing lg lcdtv.i decided to go for grey market.but lg lcd came with vfm.at that time samsung 40c550 costs 53000rs.
now i m in dilemma because if a lcd tv from grey market develops a problem what will be the option.
the service guy replaced the lg panel told me that the new panel will costs 22000rs.

i know an samsung dealer.i will contact him for the price of 40d5500.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back