New(s) for PS3 Users

shailenderb

Firmware ver 3.3 (now available on Sony site) allows Bitstreaming of
BD audio - with two options available:

1. Bitstream (Direct) - Set to output audio with the original digital
signal prioritized.

2. Bitstream (Mix) - Set to output audio that is first mixed with sound effects
such as button sounds and then converted to bitstream format.

I am not sure what is Option 2 above.

The new update also comes with Support for 3D stereoscopic games, if you
have a 3D enabled TV.

There are other updates regarding Tropies etc which I am not interested in.

For info of those interested.

Regds / Shailender

does it mean that even phat ps3 can now bitstream audio?

Option 2 is - there are some sounds that the ps3 produces over and above what is there in the movie/ music. These sounds are alerts, button press beeps etc. If you select option 2, then you can hear those sounds too on your speakers.

does it mean that even phat ps3 can now bitstream audio?

Option 2 is - there are some sounds that the ps3 produces over and above what is there in the movie/ music. These sounds are alerts, button press beeps etc. If you select option 2, then you can hear those sounds too on your speakers.

1. Yes

2. Thanks for clarifying.

Regds / Shailender

Aahaa, good news, well kind of. But also remember that if you upgrade then you'll loose install other OS option. But I guess that's ok for most of the people.

KonfuSed said:
Aahaa, good news, well kind of. But also remember that if you upgrade then you'll loose install other OS option. But I guess that's ok for most of the people.

Didn't geohot hack it. I believe he released his own OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if Bitstreaming works on the phat PS3. Supposedly the HDMI chip in the phat did not allow it.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back