New Setup (Night Snaps)

Sure I will try after back to Mumbai.
There are balanced (through xlr) and unbalanced (through rca) input/output in cd player and amplifier. Will change to xlr make any difference?

This testing will not be possible. What you have is 8200CD (CDP+DAC) and not 8200CDQ(CDP+Preamp) if I am not wrong. One comparison test you can do is between CDP and DAC.

1) Try your favorite CD album via CDP in your first Suno session
2) Then rip the same CD to wav or flac use your laptop/desktop/media player/SB via coaxial/usb/toslink etc.

And then tell us the difference between both sessions. And test it at 3 different volume levels (8oclock, 10oclock and 12oclock) and feel the difference on 3 aspects (lows, midrange and highs). I in particular would love to know the difference. :)

cheers!!
Kevian

This testing will not be possible. What you have is 8200CD (CDP+DAC) and not 8200CDQ(CDP+Preamp) if I am not wrong. One comparison test you can do is between CDP and DAC.

Kevian,

8200CDQ = CDP + DAC + Analog Pre Amp (works only for the three Analog Inputs) + Digital PreAmp (Works for both analog and digital inputs) + headphone out.

8200CD = CDP + DAC + Digital PreAmp (has been enabled with the latest firmware) It can be connected directly to a power amp controlling the volume from the remote.

It would be helpful to know the OP views comparing the pre-amp sections of 8200CD with that of Caspian M2 Integrated Amp.

Kevian,

8200CDQ = CDP + DAC + Analog Pre Amp (works only for the three Analog Inputs) + Digital PreAmp (Works for both analog and digital inputs) + headphone out.

8200CD = CDP + DAC + Digital PreAmp (has been enabled with the latest firmware) It can be connected directly to a power amp controlling the volume from the remote.

It would be helpful to know the OP views comparing the pre-amp sections of 8200CD with that of Caspian M2 Integrated Amp.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: wtf? didn't know about the latest firmware update. Their website too doesn't mention about this digital preamp thing on 8200CD model. If testing of each of this is positive, then boy this is THE ONE I'm looking for.:eek:hyeah: And I agree with you, c'mon Raj please do the honors and tell us your impression on tests. You can invite Mumbikars like Denom, Santy, Spiro etc for a 2nd opinion.

Last edited:
:eek::eek::eek::eek: wtf? didn't know about the latest firmware update. Their website too doesn't mention about this digital preamp thing on 8200CD model. If testing of each of this is positive, then boy this is THE ONE I'm looking for.:eek:hyeah: And I agree with you, c'mon Raj please do the honors and tell us your impression on tests. You can invite Mumbikars like Denom, Santy, Spiro etc for a 2nd opinion.

Even I don't know till someone pointed out on some other forum recently.
Read Section 5 on 'Connections' in the user manual. There is a small section on right bottom half of page 'CONNECTING THE 8200CD TO A POWER AMPLIFIER'.

@ ravi_d and Kevian

I had already tried as earlier suggested by ravi_d but it could not work. Thereafter I referred capsian m2 manual and it says as under:-

POWER AMP Input (Requires internal
work for activation)

So, it cant be activated without internal work. However I have tried one of other option of 8200CD i.e. increase in output level by 3db and audio became little harsh as compared to default setting. It means pre-amp of capsian m2 is better in terms of sonic performance

One comparison test you can do is between CDP and DAC.

1) Try your favorite CD album via CDP in your first Suno session
2) Then rip the same CD to wav or flac use your laptop/desktop/media player/SB via coaxial/usb/toslink etc.

And then tell us the difference between both sessions. And test it at 3 different volume levels (8oclock, 10oclock and 12oclock) and feel the difference on 3 aspects (lows, midrange and highs). I in particular would love to know the difference. :)

cheers!!
Kevian

Thank you Raj. In your leisure, can you do the above and update us on the results?

Cheers!!
Kevian

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back