2. Roksan Caspian M2
3. KEF Q300
4. Nad 515BEE (Spare only)

And others normal gadgets

img2196l.jpg

img2198q.jpg

img2200e.jpg

img2201s.jpg

Q300 is producing such details and sonic performance, just cant imagine. Earlier was using Polk Lsi9 in same setup but it failed miserably before Q300. How u r saying it mismatch ?

Congrats Raj.

Q300 is producing such details and sonic performance, just cant imagine. Earlier was using Polk Lsi9 in same setup but it failed miserably before Q300. How u r saying it mismatch ?

Even I agree with musicmaya. You don't need such an amp to drive Q300 to its potential.

I have an Audiolab 8000A amp and it is dead neutral and not bright as Bryston. Very good amp indeed!. I'm sure the Audiolab Cd must also be good.

--
helium
SB Classic -> Lyrita DIY DAC Philips TDA1543 -> Lyrita SET2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Audiolab 8000A + Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

Congrats Raj.

Even I agree with musicmaya. You don't need such an amp to drive Q300 to its potential.

I feel very detailed engaging performance, far better than jamo 803c listened in demo with m2 and also lsi9 owned by me. I think you can't predict without listening

I feel very detailed engaging performance, far better than jamo 803c listened in demo with m2 and also lsi9 owned by me. I think you can't predict without listening

Don't get me wrong. We are not denying the present combo is not sounding well. Its just that Caspian M2 is a stunning amp under 2000 and deserves better speakers about 3 to 5 times the price of Q300's.

Don't get me wrong. We are not denying the present combo is not sounding well. Its just that Caspian M2 is a stunning amp under 2000 and deserves better speakers about 3 to 5 times the price of Q300's.

I fully agree with you though I am more than satisfied with q300. I was not keen to spend more presently after fixing cd/dac and amplifier.

Here we have someone who is very happy with his setup and we audiophiles have to go rain on his parade !!! :lol:

The Q300 in my opinion (which am sure is of little value) is a good speaker at a good price. Good drivers housed in an average box. So, if I have to put myself in Raj's shoes, I would be one happy chappie.

Are there better speakers out there to keep better company to the Roksans ? Am sure there are. ATC SCM 11 sure, KEF R300 sure enough. How about the Harbeth's and the Ushers and the Sonus Fabers just to name a few.

And then yes, if I still being in Raj's shoes, change my Q300 to a Sonus Faber cause it's fabulous and what do I know, the Roksans are now not good enough. I have to upgrade the amp which up till now was too good for my speakers. Darn.

Expensive passion this.

Headphones anyone ?

i had q300 in my stable for not more than week, its hyped to its technology pure marketing purpose

Would you please be kind enough to elaborate ?

Liking or disliking speakers is personal. Am sure there are a lot of folks out there who don't like the KEF sound signature. But to call KEF's tech hyped and to label it a marketing company is in my opinion being a bit harsh. Not that KEF would care but calling it such would probably have a negative impact on people wanting to buy into good sound at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
I fully agree with you though I am more than satisfied with q300. I was not keen to spend more presently after fixing cd/dac and amplifier.

Hi Raj,

Can you please try the 8200 CD (with the pre-amp/variable output enabled) directly into the power amp input of the Caspian M2 amplifier and let us know if there is any difference using the 8200 CD digital pre-amp and the Caspian M2's analog pre-amp?

Make sure the the 8200 CD volume is set to minimum when trying this.

Hi Raj,

Can you please try the 8200 CD (with the pre-amp/variable output enabled) directly into the power amp input of the Caspian M2 amplifier and let us know if there is any difference using the 8200 CD digital pre-amp and the Caspian M2's analog pre-amp?

Make sure the the 8200 CD volume is set to minimum when trying this.

Sure I will try after back to Mumbai.
There are balanced (through xlr) and unbalanced (through rca) input/output in cd player and amplifier. Will change to xlr make any difference?

Sure I will try after back to Mumbai.
There are balanced (through xlr) and unbalanced (through rca) input/output in cd player and amplifier. Will change to xlr make any difference?

XLR is better than single ended in Studio environment where cables run for few meters. But you may not see any difference in home environment for short distances.
If you have a good single ended interconnects then don't buy XLR interconnects just for the sake of it unless you getting a very good deal on it. Once you invest in a good set of interconnects and speaker cables you don't need to change then often.
Chord offer 10 year warranty in UK on their cables and interconnects and during HiFi shows they have very good offers.

Congratulations Raj, Please tell me the sound signature of roksan caspian and everything u heard and listen to this AMP and also if u have compared this unit with any other AMP so please tell me. Is this AMP warm, neutral or bright. I guess it's neutral.

Thank you

Regards...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back