New Sony Bravia W550A series

plasmoid

Hi all,
Has anyone got the chance to audition these new sets? Any major improvement over the 450A due to BRAVIA ENGINE 3 processing?

I saw one but the picture clarity had no big difference. Actually saw the 550S 32" one. It had inbuilt FM and the shape of the LCD was far more appealing than the previous one.

I recently bought the Sony W550 - 40 inches.
Amazing clarity. Absolutely delighted with it.
I also have a Samsung 5 series 32" in another room - not fully happy as there is loss of pixel as one nears the TV - did not feel it with the W series even at a distance of 3 feet (using Tata Sky in both TVs).
I had also checked the Samsung LED series - but found the images to be too soft (leave alone being pricey).

I saw one but the picture clarity had no big difference. Actually saw the 550S 32" one. It had inbuilt FM and the shape of the LCD was far more appealing than the previous one.

OP is asking about the W series SONY which one of the higher end models with 100 Hz Motionflow.

What you may have seen and refering to FM is the 32" S series, which kind of the entry level model and not even Full HD. It is HD Ready.

The SONY W series is very nice in terms of PQ, contrast and colors, but on the expensive side.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back