New speakers to old equipment

Othersideof60

I have an old Sony A/V amp with the old style speaker wire inserts where you open plug and stick the wire in. It has for ports with plus and minus slots. How would I use this with new speakers that have the RCA plug ?

I have an old Sony A/V amp with the old style speaker wire inserts where you open plug and stick the wire in. It has for ports with plus and minus slots. How would I use this with new speakers that have the RCA plug ?
Can you please share the pictures of socket for better understanding

If a/v amp has spring type connectors then you can simply insert the wires and on other end connect rca to speaker.

RCA pin should be +ive (red) and sleeve should be -ive (black).

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find all the required advice and guidance by browsing the various threads and forums we have which have been contributed by our experienced fellow members over time.

All the best and Happy Browsing!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back