New Sticky's & More Moderators

Dushie

Hi Administrator

I have been member of this forum for some time here are couple of suggestions i want to make -

1. Lately lot of duplicate and multiple posts are running on the same topics and queries, If we can create few moderators in the forum, to club duplicate posts , delete offensive posts and other day to day activities i feel we will be able to improve and manage the forum effectively.

For the above you can nominate the older members of the forum, we can have a poll or based on maximum posts and daily users.

2. Also if we can have few sticky's for some most common threads like -

1. Which lcd to buy
2. Which plasma to buy
3. Price Thread
4. Plasma Vs LCD
5. WDTV

Other member's can also share their feedback or suggestion on the same in case i have missed out something

I feel the above steps will make our forum easier to navigate and reduce duplicate posts and threads.

+1 to that.

also a list of dealers, contact info and what brands do they deal with, in each of the cities.

Good suggestion Dush, we keep repeating the thread links in various thread to educate people there is an existing thread on the same.

Thank you for the feedback.

I would definitely consider volunteers who would like to be moderators at HiFiVision.com.

Members can PM me their choice of nominees for the post of a moderator.

I will then review the list and contact the nominees for their consent and we will then have a poll.

Even dead individual threads too.Many threads are for personal advice & short(like which spk to buy).
Once the member get convinced & thread is dead,which can be removed after some time (with members permission if necessary)

Few threads can be always useful,like LCD vs Plasma, Mediaplayer etc & hence can be kept..

I would definitely consider volunteers who would like to be moderators at HiFiVision.com.

I will then review the list and contact the nominees for their consent and we will then have a poll.

I am of the opinion people like Venkat and Madbullram, even if they don't volunteer, should be compelled to moderate. This forum and the memebrs
would stand to gain a lot from their knowledge and expertise. There are
quite a few others too with the same kind of intensive participation who
should also be urged to take up as moderators.

Regds

Hi,

No offense but what was wrong when I suggested the same thing on countless occasions(while reporting spam posts and even via PM) and went to the extent of offering myself for the said purposes :rolleyes:??

Anyways it was in order from a very long time and lack of which has had its repercussions :p !! its also one of the reasons why some might want to limit their stay or visibility here !! I for one sure Am keeping a limited presence here for obvious and various reasons including the thread topic !!

Hope to see some action in this front soon :)!!

Regards.

Hi,

No offense but what was wrong when I suggested the same thing on countless occasions(while reporting spam posts and even via PM) and went to the extent of offering myself for the said purposes :rolleyes:??

Anyways it was in order from a very long time and lack of which has had its repercussions :p !! its also one of the reasons why some might want to limit their stay or visibility here !! I for one sure Am keeping a limited presence here for obvious and various reasons including the thread topic !!

Regards.

Dushie, what you said is very much required. We need a few moderators to smoothen things here. This is a great forum, a treasure house of knowledge, one that should not be spoilt by clutter.
Hifivision has been doing a great job but as the forum grows it d be difficult for one person alone to do the job.
Soundsgreat, good to know that you had the foresight to suggest this earlier. Atleast, better late than never. I know there are better suited persons, when it comes to knowledge and amount of time online, but I would also be willing to do what I can for this purpose.

Hi,

Regards.

Soundsgreat, good its happening, please volunteer for a Mod.

We always need people like you to be active, so be there for the ethusiasts :cheers:

Hi,

Soundsgreat, good to know that you had the foresight to suggest this earlier. Atleast, better late than never. I know there are better suited persons, when it comes to knowledge and amount of time online, but I would also be willing to do what I can for this purpose.

Soundsgreat, good its happening, please volunteer for a Mod.

We always need people like you to be active, so be there for the ethusiasts

Thankyou for the reply, I would love to be active as I was before but for reasons for too well known Am not and I don't see a change coming in the near future aswell. some or most may not agree with me but I cannot help it !!

Although I would like to take up the mod post but I don't want to impose myself to the post !! If Am given a free hand to do whats supposed to be done and all then I have no problems else I would prefer to stay the way I Am now !!

I will always be here watching the daily proceeding and happenings and will keep my presence felt whenever there is a need or chance !!

Regards.

Last edited:
Also, I would suggest to be a mod you need to have 1000+ posts (or at least 500+) bcos being a mod is not about knowledge but ones ability to be emotionally neutral and control ones emotional urges when taking decisions.

One wrong decision can offended an important member who would have been valuable to our forum. The reason for 1000+ is we could have seen how the person is from a temperamental stand point and makes one judge if they can be a mod.

Just my rendu paise! Mind it :D

Agree with Ram on the same. Mod should be one who is able to spend considerable time on the forum, have at least 500+ posts, good knowledge and experience with maturity to control his emotions and live up to the task.

There are plenty of people who have been around from a long time and have plenty of posts and knowledge like Venkat, Soundsgreat,Moser, and couple of others.

I may have missed a few regular names, but i believe the top posters list could give an indicator towards the right members for this role along with feedback or nominations from other members which would have come to the administrator.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back