New to group with a Panasonic Plasma 50V20D

vanga123

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you all for helping me to decide on my new Panasonic 50V20D. All the posts here helped me a lot to chose the right tv for myself.

Few weeks back, I was out in the market looking for a 42 inch TV (LCD/LED/Plasma). The posts in this forum first helped to narrow my search down to Plasma and then to Panasonic Neopdp. I had only two options left then, 43ST30D and a demo version of 42GT30D. I was not very particular on 3D. Finally, I changed my thoughts (mainly due to the posts here!) and bought a 50V20D.

Along with it, I bought a Sony Blue Ray Player, an Onkyo Receiver and Elac speaker set. I am planning to buy a DIGI 200 stabilizer. TV is wall-mounted yesterday and its been great so far.

I wanted to get some suggestions on what all I need to do so that my plasma will work better and longer. I read that first few hours (100 or so) we need to keep plasma at low brightness. Right now my tv is on "Normal" mode.

Any suggestions on the DTH connection. I would like to go for a connection that has maximum HD channels (my viewing distance being only 9ft) and a good collection of South Indian Channels (for my family).

Thanking you,
Regards,
Vanga

Back